Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Depression

Rate this question

ScottCGAS

Question

I have been having problems with getting angry or short with people. I researched some posts, and there was a link in an ad to a Depression Self Help Test and the results said I was moderately depressed. Can constant back pain and always snorting and sniffing and waking up congested, lead to depression or work on your mind. Other people have said constant pain has lead to anxiety or depression. Thanks in advance.

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was service connected for depression due to neck pain and headaches. I also had a phychologist with a doctorate degree give me an IMO, and my phychiatrist also stated this. My primary doctor wouldn't even help me even though he first diagnosed me and prescribed my meds. I was diagnosed with depression 15 years after getting out of the service and 17 years after my accident. The VA stated that without my IMO from my phychologist. I wouldn't of been granted the depression due to pain and headaches.

If I am using the Missouri Veterans Commission to handle my claims now, do I use them to file a new claim?? Jayg said to send it to the VARO, do I not use the MO Vet? I don't think I have sleep apnea. I just get really congested when I lay flat, right sinus will fill with liquid and will have to try and snort it clear and I know that it must be extremely annoying.

These conditions that I have, have been annoying me for over 20 yrs.. I guess the constant pain and things that I have seen in the service has not helped my situation. Thanks

Scott, the Mo Veterans Commission is a VSO your fine using them.

As john999 has stated about trying to get an increase, the neurosurgeon that examined me said that I was at 10% for DDD and he said I should put a claim in for an increase. He did not note it in his notes. I told him I had already put a claim in for an increase about 1 week earlier. I am still waiting for an app't for a C&P Exam..

Thanks all at hadit.com, Scott

• HadIt.com Elder

Getting the IMO is probably the most important part of getting any secondary condition SC'ed. The doctor needs to say your secondary condition is a result of your SC condition. The VA is not going to connect the dots no matter how obvious. The VBM says this regarding secondary conditions. Just remember never to mention any other conditions besides the SC condition that could account for the secondary condition like pain disorder. If you got hurt in service and also has a car wreck ten years later you don't want to volunteer that information if you are trying to get a secondary pain disorder SC. When vets get smart and start claiming secondary conditions and the like the VA starts trying to find ways to defeat these claims.