Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awarded Htn At 0%

Rate this topic

Bonzai

When I was awarded 100% for another condition, that I had been originally awarded 10% 10 years earlier, it said that basic VGLI would be paid for. However, I had to have applied for VGLI within two years of being awarded a NEW service-connected disability. Since I couldn't afford VGLI when I was first awarded, the time limit passed. :(

I have just received a Brown Envelope awarding me 0% direct service-connected for Hypertension, and in the packet it says that I may be eligible for VGLI even at 0%. So I am happy for this award, since it will cover any cardiovascular problems that may happen in the future. But how do I apply for VGLI and have the basic coverage paid for, since I am at 100%?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Louis

I owe this award to the help and assistance I received from HadIt members! :(

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am already at 100% SC for one condition. In the award letter it states "If you received a new service-connected disability (even 0%), you may be eligible for government life insurance if you are in good health (except for the service-connected conditions) and apply within two years of this notification of your new disability rating.".

I remember a couple of months back, when I received my 100% rating, there was a part that stated if I got government life insurance, then the basic coverage will be paid for. But I may be wrong, I am looking for someone who knows more about this than I.

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are 100percent P and t the first part of the insurance includes a waiver of premuim. The additional does not. You have to ask for it in writing with the application.

A New award for a new condition starts the 2 year clock again.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

You are eligible for $10k, the premium will be waived once you apply. You can also purchase another $10k but you need to pay for that. Contact the VARO or go to va.gov on the web.

pr

Yes, I am already at 100% SC for one condition. In the award letter it states "If you received a new service-connected disability (even 0%), you may be eligible for government life insurance if you are in good health (except for the service-connected conditions) and apply within two years of this notification of your new disability rating.".

I remember a couple of months back, when I received my 100% rating, there was a part that stated if I got government life insurance, then the basic coverage will be paid for. But I may be wrong, I am looking for someone who knows more about this than I.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use