Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are Nsc Issues Considered Diagnosed?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Cowgirl question of the day. Maybe another vet here knows.

Can Non-Service Connected (NSC) item(s) be removed from a vets *list of maladies* if the veteran disagrees with the listed condition or VA diagnosis?

I guess the VA probably needs to record the examined condition for posterier sakes. But even so, what if the vet disagrees with the condition name and or diagnosis?

Maybe someone here has had this occur before. I claimed for a mh condition but was 'VA diagnosed' for a different mh condition NSC."

Is there a procedure to remove NSC issues listed in VA records that I disagree with, am not treated for, anywhere, whatsoever? These NSC issues show in records used for each of my VA appointments.

For instance some conditions listed in the records, read

"Non service connected, Not incurred/Caused by service" or

"Non Service Connected, Constitutional /Developmental Abnormality".

*list of maladies* the one every VA tom, jane and herman reads about me when I go to xray, pharmacy or make an appointment.

Guess I'm thinkin if it's not right, why have it there?

Cowgirl'up!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I know what you mean Cowgirl. My DX'ed problems include NICOTINE ADDICTION and I haven't smoked since 2003. Last visit to pcp, I got a copy of medical record from prior visit and there it was. So Iguess everyone who reads my records thinks I still smoke.

• HadIt.com Elder
I know what you mean Cowgirl. My DX'ed problems include NICOTINE ADDICTION and I haven't smoked since 2003. Last visit to pcp, I got a copy of medical record from prior visit and there it was. So Iguess everyone who reads my records thinks I still smoke.

Quite frankly, anyone who has ever developed the "smoking habit" IS addicted to nicotine.

It is one of the most addicting substances known.

So, yes, you do have a nicotine addiction. This is necessary for your physicians to know about, due to the fact that several available drugs can cause problems with anyone who IS or WAS a nicotine user.

just sayin'

• HadIt.com Elder

Cowgirl question of the day. Maybe another vet here knows.

Can Non-Service Connected (NSC) item(s) be removed from a vets *list of maladies* if the veteran disagrees with the listed condition or VA diagnosis?

I guess the VA probably needs to record the examined condition for posterier sakes. But even so, what if the vet disagrees with the condition name and or diagnosis?

Maybe someone here has had this occur before. I claimed for a mh condition but was 'VA diagnosed' for a different mh condition NSC."

Is there a procedure to remove NSC issues listed in VA records that I disagree with, am not treated for, anywhere, whatsoever? These NSC issues show in records used for each of my VA appointments.

For instance some conditions listed in the records, read

"Non service connected, Not incurred/Caused by service" or

"Non Service Connected, Constitutional /Developmental Abnormality".

*list of maladies* the one every VA tom, jane and herman reads about me when I go to xray, pharmacy or make an appointment.

Guess I'm thinkin if it's not right, why have it there?

Cowgirl'up!

CG,

Get in touch with you Primary Care Physician, explain to them your concerns. They can make "corrections", or maybe they can better explain the reasoning behind the medical records.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Johnjjr and LarryJ - somehow I want them to remove or 'mask' diagnosis's made by the VA during compensation examinations. I recieve no treatment or other medical attention or have confirmed medical history for these listed conditions. Looks like its time to trailblaze - will post as results are achieved.

Habits and addictions are different animals in my thinking. I once mentioned coworker drank, now my VA records say 'coworker was alchoholic'. hmm.

Yours,

Cg'up!

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks Johnjjr and LarryJ - somehow I want them to remove or 'mask' diagnosis's made by the VA during compensation examinations. I recieve no treatment or other medical attention or have confirmed medical history for these listed conditions. Looks like its time to trailblaze - will post as results are achieved.

Habits and addictions are different animals in my thinking. I once mentioned coworker drank, now my VA records say 'coworker was alchoholic'. hmm.

Yours,

Cg'up!

Yes, you are correct.

And do not get the two confused.

If your body is used to the nicotine and you quit "cold turkey" (as I did) THEN YOU KNOW YOU'RE ADDICTED. And, just like the person that tells you they just have a couple of little ol' martoonies after supper every evening and look you straight in the eyes and tell you that THEY AREN'T a DRUNK..........then they are lieing, to themselves. I cannot smoke ONE CIGARETTE.......and remain "smoke free" for, lessee, 11 years now. I know that I can't, because I do not want to go through that again.

A "habit", on the other hand, is, say, like, picking your nose in public. Now, that is a "habit".

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is always quick to DX a personality disorder, or alcoholism because they think it gets them off the hook for compensation. If they find an illegal drug in your system you become a drug addict. They will use any NSC condition that can explain disability as an alternative to SC conditions. If you are obese then all your problems are due to that factor. If you take illegal drugs, smoke, or drink more than two drinks a day then your problems are due to those factors.