Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Time To Add Info To My Claim?

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

I had my C & P for the part of my claim but no exam for my PTSD (my Vet Rep added PTSD to my claim for feet, etc). The Vet Rep had me sign the "no further info to be submitted" response a while ago, but...

I've had an MRI since then on my knee, which had been dx'd with DJD. The MRI revealed CMP as well. I'm thinking that since CMP is known to be caused sometimes by overuse (from favoring other limb) it might help my case. Also, in the notes from my last visit with my psychiatrist he put my GAF at 40.

I'm also going to see my VA PCP next week and will ask her to PLEASE put more info into my records - she's been saying a lot more than she's been writing, from what the records show. She said that the problems with my knee could be from my SC injury, but she didn't enter it in my records...

I don't think the VA will automatically go back to look at these new records. Should I submit them or is it too late?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Hedge,

Since you haven't had a C&P exam for your claimed PTSD I would submit the new info.

It will probably be about 3 months before you get any word anyway so I would go ahead and submit the evidence. Better to have an accurate decision the first time around than to have to appeal.

jerr

I had my C & P for the part of my claim but no exam for my PTSD (my Vet Rep added PTSD to my claim for feet, etc). The Vet Rep had me sign the "no further info to be submitted" response a while ago, but...

I've had an MRI since then on my knee, which had been dx'd with DJD. The MRI revealed CMP as well. I'm thinking that since CMP is known to be caused sometimes by overuse (from favoring other limb) it might help my case. Also, in the notes from my last visit with my psychiatrist he put my GAF at 40.

I'm also going to see my VA PCP next week and will ask her to PLEASE put more info into my records - she's been saying a lot more than she's been writing, from what the records show. She said that the problems with my knee could be from my SC injury, but she didn't enter it in my records...

I don't think the VA will automatically go back to look at these new records. Should I submit them or is it too late?

Edited by jerrbilly

Take a copy of your exam to your C&P exam and have the doctor review it. Make sure that any information you send in help you claim and not harm it.

• HadIt.com Elder

You can always submit additional evidence, at any time. When you receive a decision check to see if your new evidence is listed, in the evidence section and, if not, request that another decision be made, based on the additional evidence that was submitted. I'd never withhold favorable evidence. jmo

pr