Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Apology

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If I have been short with you or lacked empathy I apologize profusely. I have not been myself and have been dealing with my Irish Temper something I thought I had better control of for a long time.

An old Hadit Member Kim who was third party for MTSkull taught me that restraint of tongue and pen is the way to go.

Until I feel better I am going to ease back but not completely. If I see something that needs addressing I will but I am going to let others answer new Veterans questions. I plan to welcome and greet and try to offer moral support.

I guess that the long and short of it is that we never get well just have remissions. I have asked for appointments to see Docs and will start going again Monday. I took time off during the flu season from going to the VA.

When stress is applied it is very difficult to maintain peace and tranquility not that I ever have been completely at Peace but in a much better place.

At least I still enjoy my family and today my best friend is picking me up and we are going to eat Mexican Food at a favorite restaurant.Tomorrow a dear friend is driving up from San Antonio and his wife and Mrs Pete will join for a dinner out. We double dated with them all the time before either of us got married.

Sometimes we just have to let others help us and this is that time for me.

Pete

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Thank you for the apology - I don't know if it is necessary as I have not read since last night, but thanks anyway.

Grief is a large predator that wants to consume us. It stalks us whether we are sleeping or awake. The best thing to do is recognize that Grief is part of our life for a while and seek the best way to tolerate it's sharp teeth. Ignoring it does not make it go away. Denying you know it is a joke.

Accepting that you feel it is the best way to go, because that gives you the opportunity to manage the pain, and work on dimming it's power on our life. There are many options to reducing the pain.

I found a book called "Grief Recovery Handbook" during my journey. Look in your local book store, amazon, etc. and it will pop right up. It was a godsend for me, but I was not ready to exit the grief fog and read it for about a year after I lost my dear husband, six years ago today...which was when I found the book.

In the mean time, let your friends and loved ones be your vehicle of support, and try not to deny your pain.

Believe me, denial does not snuff the fire, just lets it smolder for later expression.

• HadIt.com Elder
If I have been short with you or lacked empathy I apologize profusely. I have not been myself and have been dealing with my Irish Temper something I thought I had better control of for a long time.

An old Hadit Member Kim who was third party for MTSkull taught me that restraint of tongue and pen is the way to go.

Until I feel better I am going to ease back but not completely. If I see something that needs addressing I will but I am going to let others answer new Veterans questions. I plan to welcome and greet and try to offer moral support.

I guess that the long and short of it is that we never get well just have remissions. I have asked for appointments to see Docs and will start going again Monday. I took time off during the flu season from going to the VA.

When stress is applied it is very difficult to maintain peace and tranquility not that I ever have been completely at Peace but in a much better place.

At least I still enjoy my family and today my best friend is picking me up and we are going to eat Mexican Food at a favorite restaurant.Tomorrow a dear friend is driving up from San Antonio and his wife and Mrs Pete will join for a dinner out. We double dated with them all the time before either of us got married.

Sometimes we just have to let others help us and this is that time for me.

Pete

Pete I think we all have been there and if we haven't we will be, like Berta always said if you didn't have PTSD before dealing with the VARO you will after a few years of their games.....yes some days are worse than others, I can't really remember the last time I had a "great day" good days now are when I don't leave the house and the phone does not ring, the less contact I have with people seems to be better for me,I just hope the best for you and your family, your plate has been to full in the past year, take some time to get your "plateau" back.....

• HadIt.com Elder

APOLOGY?

We doan neeed no freeekin APOLOGY! (done in my best Cheech&Chong delivery style!)

:(

Just like I've always said, I'd be the least qualified to take YOUR inventory!

And, I'd be honored if you need any help, ANY help for ANY thing.

G-d bless you and your family.

Pete and Larry, I have followed many posts that both of you have made and your experiences with VA have helped me help myself and some friends that are also vets. I see that both of you are in Texas. I have always heard wonderful stories about Hill Country and after a rough time over the holidays I said screw it and loaded my motorcycle onto my trailer and drove 1600 miles to Austin. I then spent the next 3 days riding around Hill Country, exploring amazing roads and eating real bbq. I then loaded up and drove 1600 miles back to the frozen tundra. It was the best thing I've done for myself in a while. It used up a whole months worth of VA comp, but the feeling of being on my bike in Dec. and the amazing beauty of Texas..... well you guys live there. I'm just saying that if you can, just get out into the backroads (car, bike, bus, doesn't matter) for a day or pick an out of the way place to go for that Mexican food. I'll definitely be back.

(For what it's worth, I staying in downtown Austin, rode through Fredricksburg, took Texas 16, took some roads that are legendary for motorcyclists (335, 336, 337, the Three Sisters), went to the Alamo, wound my way along the Guadalupe River, ate at Coopers (the New Braunfels.... I know, not the original), etc. Texas rocks! But you Texan's probably know all of this already.)

• HadIt.com Elder
Pete and Larry, I have followed many posts that both of you have made and your experiences with VA have helped me help myself and some friends that are also vets. I see that both of you are in Texas. I have always heard wonderful stories about Hill Country and after a rough time over the holidays I said screw it and loaded my motorcycle onto my trailer and drove 1600 miles to Austin. I then spent the next 3 days riding around Hill Country, exploring amazing roads and eating real bbq. I then loaded up and drove 1600 miles back to the frozen tundra. It was the best thing I've done for myself in a while. It used up a whole months worth of VA comp, but the feeling of being on my bike in Dec. and the amazing beauty of Texas..... well you guys live there. I'm just saying that if you can, just get out into the backroads (car, bike, bus, doesn't matter) for a day or pick an out of the way place to go for that Mexican food. I'll definitely be back.

(For what it's worth, I staying in downtown Austin, rode through Fredricksburg, took Texas 16, took some roads that are legendary for motorcyclists (335, 336, 337, the Three Sisters), went to the Alamo, wound my way along the Guadalupe River, ate at Coopers (the New Braunfels.... I know, not the original), etc. Texas rocks! But you Texan's probably know all of this already.)

YUP! And, up until the time I had to hang up my chaps, you'd find me on my Barco-Glyde somewhere between Austin, San Marcos, San Angelo..........maybe even Lukenbach......just me and the boys.

I had a good ride..........from my 16th birthday up until I was 60.........not bad, been in every country in North America and every state in the GREAT USofA. Figgerd it up, once, and it came to a REAL conservative 800K and that doesn't include the Triumph Trophy or the BSA, 'cause them weren't REAL motorcycles :( !