Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Apology

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If I have been short with you or lacked empathy I apologize profusely. I have not been myself and have been dealing with my Irish Temper something I thought I had better control of for a long time.

An old Hadit Member Kim who was third party for MTSkull taught me that restraint of tongue and pen is the way to go.

Until I feel better I am going to ease back but not completely. If I see something that needs addressing I will but I am going to let others answer new Veterans questions. I plan to welcome and greet and try to offer moral support.

I guess that the long and short of it is that we never get well just have remissions. I have asked for appointments to see Docs and will start going again Monday. I took time off during the flu season from going to the VA.

When stress is applied it is very difficult to maintain peace and tranquility not that I ever have been completely at Peace but in a much better place.

At least I still enjoy my family and today my best friend is picking me up and we are going to eat Mexican Food at a favorite restaurant.Tomorrow a dear friend is driving up from San Antonio and his wife and Mrs Pete will join for a dinner out. We double dated with them all the time before either of us got married.

Sometimes we just have to let others help us and this is that time for me.

Pete

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks to all on Hadit. If there is anything that I have learned on Hadit is that there are many people who can be trusted to help us find a path that is true.

I am rededicating to taking better care of myself and to put my emotional well being first and hopefully the other stuff will fall into place. I feel I have reached a point where I have been able to get over the anger but I still have problems with vivid memories of some of the people I have lost in last 14 months. I mostly daydream and I have also had a breakthrough in the fact that I am now remembering some of the dreams I have at night. I still am not anything more than an observer in my dreams.

T bird your friendship means the world to me and I wish that I was better at communicating be sides using threads. Its like I am waiting for someone to open the box that solves the mysteries of my life.

Forgive me for not naming more names of those who I consider my internet family and friends but I would forget and leave someone out and I am not going to take a chance.

Beautiful and loving Gwen brought me to Hadit. It took three invitations to check it out but in real time it was probably a few hours of days. There was an instant connection for me with Hadit. Over the years I have seen a lot come and go and some come back.

I hope that Hadit continues to grow and I believe that with help and encouragement this website has helped thousands of Veterans. Although I had just received 100% when I joined I pledged to try and encourage Veterans with claims. I always felt that would have helped me in my fight to get 100% and than John999 kept nagging me to file for SMC and I did and I got that so Hadit can help even after you get 100%.

I know that I have also been helped with pharmacy issues and medical treatment and any other things.

Sorry for rambling but sometimes you are the only people I can talk too. For my family I am stuck with being big brother and I also call my sister in law 2 or 3 times a week and sometimes it is very difficult to do that. I just want her to know that she is still a big part of my family

• HadIt.com Elder

Nice thinkin there Stretch, I too think the book 'On Death and Dying' is a good read and great help. By Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

(*Kubler - Keller? similar name sounds)

p.s. Congrats on your SMC and Pete too.

I can see no reason for You to appologize. In your mind, if you feel that you need to appologize, for something seen or unseen, then I can humbly accept that as part of a process.

Helen Kubler Ross wrote that there are five stages to acceptance of a death. I think that these are the same with acceptance of anything including VA Claims. No body escapes.

1. Denial
  2. Depression
  3. Anger
  4. Rebelion
  5. Acceptance
Edited by cowgirl

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete,

I've missed something here.

I've been on this board since 1997 if my memory is correct and I can't think of one thing you need to apoligise for. I can think of hundreds of times i've gone balistic & need to apoligise, but not you.

Like TBird says, you are hadit.coms rock & peace maker.

Don't know whats going on with you but hope you heal in spirit & body.

Allan

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, does meds by mail still suck?

For the past several years I have not noticed a single incident where you were out of line with someone unless you were doing your Sworn Hadit Duty that We Mods must sometimes do.

Given the events you have faced the past year, I feel you have handled it extremely well. I would would only pray I could handle these events like you did. I look up to you and I want to say thanks being here when I needed your guidance.

Again, hang in there.

John