Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Apology

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If I have been short with you or lacked empathy I apologize profusely. I have not been myself and have been dealing with my Irish Temper something I thought I had better control of for a long time.

An old Hadit Member Kim who was third party for MTSkull taught me that restraint of tongue and pen is the way to go.

Until I feel better I am going to ease back but not completely. If I see something that needs addressing I will but I am going to let others answer new Veterans questions. I plan to welcome and greet and try to offer moral support.

I guess that the long and short of it is that we never get well just have remissions. I have asked for appointments to see Docs and will start going again Monday. I took time off during the flu season from going to the VA.

When stress is applied it is very difficult to maintain peace and tranquility not that I ever have been completely at Peace but in a much better place.

At least I still enjoy my family and today my best friend is picking me up and we are going to eat Mexican Food at a favorite restaurant.Tomorrow a dear friend is driving up from San Antonio and his wife and Mrs Pete will join for a dinner out. We double dated with them all the time before either of us got married.

Sometimes we just have to let others help us and this is that time for me.

Pete

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I'm not sure who you're apologizing to- since you've said nothing offensive that I have read, I know I don't need it.

I do know you've been going through the ringer lately. So yes, please do take some time for yourself, friends and family and try to set aside, even if just for a while, the worries of the day.

And I'm here to help revere Texas too. Some fall, y'all ought to catch the "Lost Maples." And for those unreconstructed rebels there's a heck of a good research center at Hillsboro College. A great place to immerse yourself in history.

For some East Texas beauty get to Caddo Lake or historic Jefferson. The spring after green up is the perfect time for those places. A meander among the Cypress can be right relaxing as can a stay at a bed & breakfast where there's no TVs, just tea on the veranda with the sound of insects, birds and rich with the the scent of flowers. The wife & I did that one time and would again but the kids are still a bit young to allow full appreciation of such- (or to let in a house full of valuable antiques! :( )

The fishing is pretty darn good hereabouts too! :(

Pete in the Over 20 years I have known you in the electronic veterans community you have never said anything offensive or in anger that I could possibly recall.

You are dealing with a lot and any loss of a family member takes so much time to try to accept.

Your brother's widow has an enormous challenge regarding any DIC claim she might want to file.

The regs regarding this type of death and service connection for it- if possible- are here under a search.

She can substitute herself as the claimant under those new substitution regs for any pending SC claims he had when he died.

It would only take a letter to the RO telling them she requests substitution and she should refer to and attach copy of the death certificate.

Still you all have to think of good memories of him and try to relax and enjoy whatever you can as a family.

Some times I am the last one to fall off the turnip truck. There is a difference between an offensive statement and a personal attack statement. I've noticed neither. You do a good job at providing a valuable service to many. I believe this because you know when to back off or move forward. As always, most of us can benefit from taking a deep breath, looking inward to find in ourselves what we admire in others. Relax, take a deep breath.............you'll be just fine.

• In Memoriam

I can see no reason for You to appologize. In your mind, if you feel that you need to appologize, for something seen or unseen, then I can humbly accept that as part of a process.

Helen Kubler Ross wrote that there are five stages to acceptance of a death. I think that these are the same with acceptance of anything including VA Claims. No body escapes.

1. Denial
  2. Depression
  3. Anger
  4. Rebelion
  5. Acceptance

• Founder

pete - i often refer to you as my rock. you are the first and oldest moderator on this board and before that years as a dedicated member. you are a very compassionate and loyal friend to me and to all veterans.

you have been through so much this year, you take whatever time you need, you do whatever you need to, grief is a wound and it must heal, healing takes time and support you focus on healing, you are a dear friend and my thoughts are with you.