Akwidow

Rate this topic

akwidow

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

KUDOs to WINGS, ya done it again - you are an Angel!

Wings, your last pushes of wisdom and encouragement were a huge help in my claim...so I have you to thank as well as the BVA and our higher power, and myself for putting it together and not giving up against all odds. BTW, it is okay to thank myself, for if I had never tried for this widow's pension, I would not have received one! To thine own self be true!

I knew it would be a landmark...which is why in the bottom of my heart I was ready for total rejection and VA denial. Apparently I had enough evidence that they could not turn me down - once somebody finally read it. The tone of the document goes on like a roller coaster - pro items, then con items and all, but in the end my brief's and proof won out. I read hints to me that I should follow up on the items I told them to cue themselves on, as well as an old claim from 1969 that I never heard of. I will chase those issues of course.

I will post the document as soon as I can.

Thanks again for all your help!

For those of you who are interested, here is the BVA decision for my DIC win. Now if only the award letter would show up! Any idea how long that will take?

Thanks again to all you supporters!

1_11_2010__SC_for_cause_of_death_anonymous.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder
For those of you who are interested, here is the BVA decision for my DIC win. Now if only the award letter would show up! Any idea how long that will take?

Thanks again to all you supporters!

The Doctor's, Kelly, Zollman and Fraser --along with your lay evidence all tipped the scale to resolved the benefit of the doubt. Very good work, you fought the good fight!! ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Amazing when the Judge go half way or as they claim the benefit of the doubt. I cannot express how happy I am when I see a spouse get DIC it makes it look worthwhile this struggle we have with the VA that never seems to end even when we win.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use