Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"authorization"

Rate this question

*Bergie*

Question

Contacted the VA by IRIS today to check what is going on with my claims. Was told that they are in the "authorization" stage. Does anyone know what this means, since the VA won't give up any info into what this means.

Thank you,

Bergie

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Test is right, reiterated by Berta. Always remember to never count on what IRIS says.

I cn't find anywhere in this thread where Test or Berta have

stated or referred to, never count on what IRIS says ?

Berta or Test ? ?

carlie

Carlie- I am sure I have said that at hadit many times-

the 800# as well as Iris is limited info and one cannot depend on its accuracy.

You might get a better iris response by filing the Iris as a Complaint at the Contact US VA web site.

Complaint inquirys are sent first to VACO (I guess they are documented) and then back to the RO and that could trigger a more detailed and more accurate response.

Carlie:

Im gonna try to clarify by restating the earlier post, so its less confusing:

Test is right, and so is Berta.

(New paragraph!)

I say, (and a well known Veterans advocate has stated the same thing in different words) " Always remember to never count on what IRIS says."

If you want to know what Test and Berta say about IRIS email accuracy, I suggest you reread their posts and maybe do a search. However, I dont remember reading about either one suggesting "once you get an IRIS email saying your claim is approved, go out and buy a new car, because your money is on its way".

I think many of us are absolutely frazzled by dealing with the VA-both Carle and Broncovet always mean well here-

case in point-

I just called 800# and the woman could not confirm what I was told 2 weeks ago.

Except that a decision was made on Jan 6th after the regional counsel had the files for a few hours(probably the same decision that BVA made in April)

But she then told me that someone told 8 credit hours of work on Jan 15th.I never got info like that before on their work hours.

The issues are all no brainers except for the SMC consideration as accrued.

I already told them to keep the SMC S award.

They have to establish ratings for multiple malpracticed conditions that are all now SC disabilities.

That could take them hours but heck if they called me I would have referred them to medical evidence for a proper SMC award-much higher than the obvious "S" award.That would not have taken 8 hours.

Then again who knows what Really took 8 hours.

It is the actual words of the VA on paper with their letterhead in a decision or SOC etc. from the RO or the BVA that is really the only thing we can depend on-

whether it is right or wrong-