Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"authorization"

Rate this question

*Bergie*

Question

Contacted the VA by IRIS today to check what is going on with my claims. Was told that they are in the "authorization" stage. Does anyone know what this means, since the VA won't give up any info into what this means.

Thank you,

Bergie

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It only means they have made a decision-

It used to mean the claim had been awarded.

A vet here recently was told his claim was being authorized but they denied it ,

In my case last week they said authorized and awarded-third signature needed.

I had independent information to know they meant they authorized an award.

They also can say the claim is being authorized when it gets transferred to the BVA.That was what I was told many years ago.

I mentioned this before but it pays to state again-

on claims that are transferred to the BVA make sure on your I-9s that you state ANY VCAA deficiency whatsoever.

Also try to obtain a copy of their I-8 form -

when they transfer to the BVA-it might reveal some ineteresting info that you can use against them in the i-9.

dont know why this came out in bold type-then again it is important info-

The I-8 might be an internal document-

it asks them if they did this and that and to check off stuff like- did you consider all evidence etc-

they check yes and lie about that sometimes-

Raise on the first page of your I-9 ANY admnistrative errors they made that were detrimental to your claim being decided properly.

Then list and even send again ALL the evidence.

Sometimes it disappears on the road to the BVA.

It only means they have made a decision-

It used to mean the claim had been awarded.

A vet here recently was told his claim was being authorized but they denied it ,

In my case last week they said authorized and awarded-third signature needed.

I had independent information to know they meant they authorized an award.

They also can say the claim is being authorized when it gets transferred to the BVA.That was what I was told many years ago.

I mentioned this before but it pays to state again-

on claims that are transferred to the BVA make sure on your I-9s that you state ANY VCAA deficiency whatsoever.

Also try to obtain a copy of their I-8 form -

when they transfer to the BVA-it might reveal some ineteresting info that you can use against them in the i-9.

dont know why this came out in bold type-then again it is important info-

The I-8 might be an internal document-

it asks them if they did this and that and to check off stuff like- did you consider all evidence etc-

they check yes and lie about that sometimes-

Raise on the first page of your I-9 ANY admnistrative errors they made that were detrimental to your claim being decided properly.

Then list and even send again ALL the evidence.

Sometimes it disappears on the road to the BVA.

Thank you Berta,

I will be surprised if they grant it because I was not given any C&P exam or nothing. I did however submit about a half inch thick of VA medical documents and Kaiser medical documents. Maybe it was enough, who knows what they think!!!

Bergie

I called IRIS and was told the Baltimore VARO did not update the claim in the computer. They did not know what if the VA was working on the Claim. The 800 number told me the same thing. VA 800 number told me it was in the Rating board in Sept 2009. Now they can't tell me anything about the claim. So, what next to day? I need help

I take it you have DAV. You can go to DAV website. DAV.ORG and then go "CONTACT" then "NATIONAL SERVICE OFFICES" Then click on your location. You can send an email directly to your local DAV and have them check up on your claim and email you back. If you have a particular rep you deal with reference them in your email and the person handling the emails can forward it to him or her. Even better yet, if you know the first and last name of your DAV rep your can email them directly. Format is like this:

First.Last@VA.GOV Funny how our DAV reps have VA.GOV email. Make sure the dot is between the first and last name.

Jerr

I called IRIS and was told the Baltimore VARO did not update the claim in the computer. They did not know what if the VA was working on the Claim. The 800 number told me the same thing. VA 800 number told me it was in the Rating board in Sept 2009. Now they can't tell me anything about the claim. So, what next to day? I need help

• HadIt.com Elder
Contacted the VA by IRIS today to check what is going on with my claims. Was told that they are in the "authorization" stage. Does anyone know what this means, since the VA won't give up any info into what this means.

Thank you,

Bergie

I hate to be the fart in church but with the VA even "denials" have to be authorized so be prepared for the worse and when anything else happens you can be pleasantly surprised I hate to see vets get their hopes up because they are wating for "authorization" only to get a denial letter expect nothing because most of the time all they do is find a way to screw us