Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hi. I'm New..need Assistance For Husband

Rate this question

jvhargitt

Question

Hi. I'm new. My husband is getting the run around from the Army. He's still active duty and was sent home from his 3rd Iraq tour with expected Parkinsons in 10/07. Finally, in late 08 he was diagnosed with Parkinsons. He is an 18 yr. active duty and was a GW vet. Went through the MEB and they came back with their 'offer'. NOT COMBAT RELATED, 30%. His symptoms started in 2001, but were really mild and no neuro could do anything. We're appealing and are building our case. Any assistance is appreciated. This week we're at the Mayo Clinic and will be back at Ft. Bragg by Friday. We have maybe a week before our appeal has to be filled. HELP! Thank you.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

You are right John-

I was thinking he filed VA claim while active duty-which is possible.OIF OEF servicemen and women can begin the process prior to discharge-

Carlie is right too- I guess my head was up my butt on this one and please disregard my post everyone-

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Carlie's Link is good http://vets.yuku.com/forums/78/t/PEB-Infor...Rebuttals-.html

On your Appeal, remember to file for all secondary conditions, like Depression! Is he seeing a psychioatrist, if not, get him one now.

With a 30% Rating, he would be placed on TDRL and re-evaluated every 6 months.

With 18 years active-duty, he should be offered full benefits with an early medical retirement --not TDRL. Wouldn't that be the basis for your Appeal??? ~Wings