Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

St. Paul Minnesota Letter Today

Rate this question

akwidow

Question

I received a classic "We have your claim and we have a large backlog" letter today. It says in the first line - " We have received your application for benefits." Some of you may remember that I won DIC at the BVA last month after six years of trying. While I realize that it will take time for the paper to make it through the mill so to speak for the award to be written, I was surprised to receive a letter from VA in St. Louis. My home VARO is Anchorage, AK.

The other thing that makes me wonder what is going on is that at the top of the page under the case/file number is "Payee No. 10" and under that is my late husband's name. I have never seen Payee No. 10 before.

The other other thing I am curious about is - does this concern DIC,

or the CUE issues I brought up,

or the death month of payment that I re-applied for two years ago and never received,

or the old 1969 SC case he filed (That I never knew about) and which never got closure on in any way according to the BVA...which according to them may still be open.

Interesting, eh?

Is there a payment center in St. Louis, or do you think my case has been farmed out from Anchorage because of their low staffing and poor performance? news article - http://www.adn.com/front/story/1115575.html

I know you all have things to do, but the answer may be easy and short due to your immediate experience. Or not, and thanks for reading anyway!

10 degrees and sunny today, I am going to snow blow the driveway...

"Do one thing every day that scares you." Eleanor Roosevelt

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

6 answers to this question

The payee thingy don't mean a hill of beans. That was on all my prior letters like the one you just received. The first time I saw "payee 0000" I thought they accidentally put me on the payroll. :D

I received a classic "We have your claim and we have a large backlog" letter today. It says in the first line - " We have received your application for benefits." Some of you may remember that I won DIC at the BVA last month after six years of trying. While I realize that it will take time for the paper to make it through the mill so to speak for the award to be written, I was surprised to receive a letter from VA in St. Louis. My home VARO is Anchorage, AK.

The other thing that makes me wonder what is going on is that at the top of the page under the case/file number is "Payee No. 10" and under that is my late husband's name. I have never seen Payee No. 10 before.

The other other thing I am curious about is - does this concern DIC,

or the CUE issues I brought up,

or the death month of payment that I re-applied for two years ago and never received,

or the old 1969 SC case he filed (That I never knew about) and which never got closure on in any way according to the BVA...which according to them may still be open.

Interesting, eh?

Is there a payment center in St. Louis, or do you think my case has been farmed out from Anchorage because of their low staffing and poor performance? news article - http://www.adn.com/front/story/1115575.html

I know you all have things to do, but the answer may be easy and short due to your immediate experience. Or not, and thanks for reading anyway!

10 degrees and sunny today, I am going to snow blow the driveway...

Edited by jerrbilly

I got one too yesterday akwidow-

7 years since filing and now 9 months after the initial award.

Only the award letter you get will tell you what is what as to the other issues you have.

I also got a letter from Sec Shinseki's office which didnt make much sense.

Then again a lot happened to my claim since I wrote that letter.

There is a contact person to call in DC on the letter so I will call them and question the letter I got-

Every VARO I believe has their own finance department for comp claims. Widows funeral and burial expense claims go to Philadelphia but I think your VARO will handle the financial part of the rest of your claim.

I haven't been here much lately- had out of town company and all that comes with that- and find myself today, back in VA la la land where suddenly it seems claims are being awarded faster but the money still isn't getting into the bank accounts of vets and widows.

Years ago the check was in the mail box often before the award letter even arrived.

It sounds like they have additional issues to resolve in your case.

In my claim- I think the hardest part for them is to determine the SMC accrued benefits.I told them long ago that the "S" award was unacceptable.

The 800# said 2 weeks ago that they determined all of the entitlements and they still needed one more signature-but I guess they ran out of pens.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

The 800# said 2 weeks ago that they determined all of the entitlements and they still needed one more signature-but I guess they ran out of pens.

Berta,

Your making me laugh this morning.

I've got some real pretty land to sell you in Florida.

I promise it's high and dry ! ! ~ lol.

post-60-1265732072_thumb.jpg

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I got one too yesterday akwidow-

7 years since filing and now 9 months after the initial award.

Only the award letter you get will tell you what is what as to the other issues you have.

I also got a letter from Sec Shinseki's office which didnt make much sense.

Then again a lot happened to my claim since I wrote that letter.

There is a contact person to call in DC on the letter so I will call them and question the letter I got-

Every VARO I believe has their own finance department for comp claims. Widows funeral and burial expense claims go to Philadelphia but I think your VARO will handle the financial part of the rest of your claim.

I haven't been here much lately- had out of town company and all that comes with that- and find myself today, back in VA la la land where suddenly it seems claims are being awarded faster but the money still isn't getting into the bank accounts of vets and widows.

Years ago the check was in the mail box often before the award letter even arrived.

It sounds like they have additional issues to resolve in your case.

In my claim- I think the hardest part for them is to determine the SMC accrued benefits.I told them long ago that the "S" award was unacceptable.

Berta, The fed gov here has been shut down since Friday Noon. So I doubt you will get an answer to your call. Also we are due another big snow storm today Tuesday and lasting till Wed. night. They are saying another 8-20 some inches more. The Gov will probably not be open till Monday if then.

Good Luck to you. Stillhere

• HadIt.com Elder
...Interesting, eh?

...10 degrees and sunny today, I am going to snow blow the driveway...

Thank you for the interesting news story about our veteran issues in Alaska and the VA, 'akwidow'. I hope you find resolution soon. I admire you tenacity. You are an inspiration....

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

yes, other things that have nothing to do with the DIC...time will tell.

What a waste of time that letter presents when there is no subject to be referenced.

Edited by akwidow

"Do one thing every day that scares you." Eleanor Roosevelt