Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It Took Me 5 Years

Rate this question

halos2

Question

Called the VAMC # to check on my appts and suddenly was notified I had one appointment I was not aware of next month. So I proceed to follow up on this and low and behold after 5 years of documentation, validation, doctors IMO's, praying, cursing(not them), yelling, screaming, sending faxes, resending faxes, cert mail,requesting, and requesting, etc are you ready for this???

I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A NEW MEDICAL C&P next month. Double checked with the physician in charge of C&P's and she confirmend it too!! Then she kept shaking my hand congratulating me...5 yrs wait for a new C&P.

Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus out there, even in Feb or Mar.

Now I am taking all my documents(copies) with me showing not only my conditions,mri's but statements from 2 of the doctors who treated me all these years, and knew me all these years. Plus copies of my treatemt records from this VAMC, to which I was treated in the 80's for 3 yrs which the defunct NP said I ALLEGED to have been treated there yet no such records exist.

I know less than 3 weeks awaits, so please all wish me luck I get an honest examiner this time...

I'm praying...Any prayers are so welcomed and hoped for too.......Please cross your fingers for me too...I am so excited...Thanks to all who encouraged me all esp berta, pete53,carlie,larryj,rentalguy,jbasser,sixthcents,wings,testvet,cowgirl,sharon,a

nd all the others,commanderbob, and lest I forget one's name please know I appreciate ALL of my HADIT family and miss t-bird especially. WIsh me luck they read the documentation!! ;) :huh: :D B) :) :lol:

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I can't even imagine the feeling of relief you have getting a new exam. Hopefully, you will get a fair and honest examiner. I have a good feeling things will turn out a lot better for your claim this time around.

jerr

Edited by jerrbilly

I guess I missed something .. How was the inital exam tainted and what did you do to get a new exam?

Teac, The nurse practioner lied and lied and lied so much on mine and other vets C&P exams the VAMC removed her from ever doing exams again. The sad thing is how many vets were affected by her incompetence? I don't know and the VAMC sure isn't going to look them up and tell them either. I fought this with NOD's, personal hearing, going to the pt advocate, the VP Freedom of Information Officer of my VAMC, numerous written letters from me, my 2 physicians who have treated me and known me for years, hundredths of calls to VARO, faxes to VARO, calls to a particular supervisor/and a veterans representative at the VARO, calls made to the VARO by the Pt Advocate requesting a new C&P, calls made by the Dr in charge of the C&P dept at my VAMC to the VARO requesting a new C&P...

constant without letting up...case is at BVA but I had it tied into my TDIU claim from 06, so they realized they never pursued it so I guess thats why they have finally ordered it too.

Thanks jerrbilly,teac, and Pete 53. I am so hoping to finally shine with my evidence, and unfortunately they can see, determine, evaluate my continuance and extent of my disabilities too. Can hardly wait for the beginning of march. :huh:

halos,

I know you already know this

BUT

be sure to copy everything that is medically relevant

and put it all in a binder to leave with the C&P examiner.

Hopefully they will accept it.

Fingers are double crossed for you :)

carlie

Thanks carlie, and I am glad you remind me of all...I would rather all tell me the same reminders least one not and I would forget. Working on these already and got my friendly little highlighter out too!. Mucho thanks to you all this time and for listening to my tyrates on the phone too! You go Carlie Girl!! :huh: