Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disturbing Letter From Vamc

Rate this question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Has anyone heard of this program? I received a letter from the James Haly VAMC stating that I have been diagnosed with problems that may affect my memory, or thinking and problem solving abilities. They want me to sign up for this program at thier expense (49.95) per year. In the event that I should wander off or become lost while out of the home that they could help the local police to find me and return me home.

The whole thing that I am affraid of is this a back door way to try to have me declared incompedent or what, to receive this out of a clear blue sky gives me a weird feeling and I am now scared of what they are trying to do to me.

Any help, suggestions, or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Yes I do have some memory problems, like forgetting to take my meds at night and so on, however I have never been lost or wandered away from home. I have been right here in my bunker for over 40 years.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

not trying to put anybody down or anything,but i kinda have to go along with larry j. there must have been a reason for them wanting to do this,now a days they can determine alzeimers through simple tests if and or you may be succeptoble to it. i would find out the reasons for their wanting to put you through this.

sounds like to me they have your best interests at heart,and i dont think ,but you can check further they will try to claim incompetency.something has shown up somewhere for you to be eligible for this program,you may not need it right now ,but in the future you may and like larry said it may save your life. just my opinion

skunk

Guest Vietnam Tanker

I have to agree with most of the people that responded, especially Larry and Pete. I had a long talk with Carlie last night and will take her advice and bring the letter with me to my next Primary Care appointment and my next shrink appointment and get their advice and input before I make a decision.

I was tested for a TBI last year and told that there was no permenant damage, I was issued a palm type GPS by the same VAMC in case I had problems finding my way around. maybe that is why they are offering this program

Thank You to all that responded and I appreciate the advice and help on this issue.

I am more than a bit skeptical of anyone who claims to be from the VA who says you are crazy and are here to help you.

I recommend you get to the bottom of this, as follows:

1. Go to the VA, get your medical records and see for yourself if you have been diagnosed as such. Remember there are multiple scams of people claiming to be one thing, while they are really a hacker/con artists. Some of these have pretended to be with the FBI, VA, Yahoo, Microsoft, Bank of America, the National Lottery, etc. as they are looking to get credibility from someone else's good name. Consider taking your wife/trusted friend with you. They may be identity thieves trying to get your social security number and/or other private information, or even be trying to get you to sign over power of Attorney to them.

2. ASk if this man really is with the DVA, and then ask his secretary if he sends out these letters.

3. If his secretary confirms this is for real, then ask her for an explanation in detail, again bringing your wife/trusted friend.

4. If you are satisified this is for real, and is in your best interest, and your friend agrees, then tell them you will give them an answer in a few days. Then come back to hadit with this additional information and some of our search gurus will try to help you. Try to get the name of the government program they are referring to.

Edited by broncovet