Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Does The Varo In Ga Take To Process Claims

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I filed my claim in October, I have gotten 2 brown envelopes and have completed the docs and sent them back. I have also taken advise from here and working on what I have been told to do to try and find my records. When I called and asked for a status update they said they were waiting on my civillian records to come back. They claimed they did not get some of the docs I sent so I am sending them another copy. Since I have no records I am also sending them a statement from a girl that worked in outpatient phyciatry where I was seen on active duty as well as a few more statements. That will be done by the end of the week. I am just curious how long claims are taking these days. I say another post that said 5 mos but not sure where they are located. Do you guys have any idea in this area how long I should expect to wait. My cliam was extensive. I had several problems from Depression to ptsd while on active duty. I also had an issue that caused me to almost die having my second daughter. I was told there was some issue within my uterus that caused this and my first daughter was delivered by c-section at Winn army hospital. What do you guys thing as a guage. I have not been able to work at a job out side my house due to symptoms of my ptsd and rarly leave home unless with my family. even then I am so paraniod I can rarely enjoy myself. Its tough on me and my family because the lack of income is very stressfull. I have not worked outside my home since 1999. I also applied for pension but am told the pension will take the same amount of time as the compensation claim so there is no relief in the near future for my finances. Thnx in advance for your help and advise. I am just looking for a way to guage time. I know also there is no guarantee what the outcome with be but with my symptoms I am just hopefull that out of the 27plus things I claimed I will get a min of at least 80-100% Thnx in advance again for your help this board has been a God send to me for info and insite into my condition and has let me know that I am not totally crazy that what i am going through is something that other exp as well.

Thnx

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Cm,

My guesstimate from now,on time before you get a Rating Decision

is 6 - 24 months.

When they see 27 issues they will be less likely to want to

grab that file for adjudication.

This is only my opinion and of course I wish all VBA claimants

would get their correct decisions in a timely manner like

6 months at the latest.

jmho,

carlie

I filed my claim in October, I have gotten 2 brown envelopes and have completed the docs and sent them back. I have also taken advise from here and working on what I have been told to do to try and find my records. When I called and asked for a status update they said they were waiting on my civillian records to come back. They claimed they did not get some of the docs I sent so I am sending them another copy. Since I have no records I am also sending them a statement from a girl that worked in outpatient phyciatry where I was seen on active duty as well as a few more statements. That will be done by the end of the week. I am just curious how long claims are taking these days. I say another post that said 5 mos but not sure where they are located. Do you guys have any idea in this area how long I should expect to wait. My cliam was extensive. I had several problems from Depression to ptsd while on active duty. I also had an issue that caused me to almost die having my second daughter. I was told there was some issue within my uterus that caused this and my first daughter was delivered by c-section at Winn army hospital. What do you guys thing as a guage. I have not been able to work at a job out side my house due to symptoms of my ptsd and rarly leave home unless with my family. even then I am so paraniod I can rarely enjoy myself. Its tough on me and my family because the lack of income is very stressfull. I have not worked outside my home since 1999. I also applied for pension but am told the pension will take the same amount of time as the compensation claim so there is no relief in the near future for my finances. Thnx in advance for your help and advise. I am just looking for a way to guage time. I know also there is no guarantee what the outcome with be but with my symptoms I am just hopefull that out of the 27plus things I claimed I will get a min of at least 80-100% Thnx in advance again for your help this board has been a God send to me for info and insite into my condition and has let me know that I am not totally crazy that what i am going through is something that other exp as well.

Thnx

I filed my original claim with the Atlanta VARO in March 2007. I didn't hear anything from them until April 2008. Then, rather quickly, I had three C&P exams, and had a decision in November 2008. They had farmed my claim out to the Tiger Team in Cleveland. I think (I hope, for your sake) that they are faster now. Good luck, and hang in there.

Edited by JustPLS

• HadIt.com Elder

I would not hurl 20-30 disability claims at the VA and expect fast results. It is better to make the claims that are most serious and can get you to IU or 100%. One claim that gets you IU is better than getting twenty 10% claims.

• HadIt.com Elder

27 issues? I see a game of let's make a deal on the PTSD issues and you drop all of the other issues coming.....I agree with John you would have been better off claiming the PTSD and possible life threatening issues the 0% and 10% issues are just going to send the raters running for the hills I seriously doubt if you hear anything in less than a year throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks is not a good way to file a claim

Thnx for the feedback. I took the advise I was given and was told to file a claim on all the items i am being seen for. I filed 1 claim with several issues not several different claims. I did not have the board to ask for advise at that time. I only had other soldiers and the transitional center. most of the issues are related to the same parts of the body. At anyrate. My friend had a similar claim that she filed in Jan of 09 and she was awarded in June of 09. The difference is she only had records from one source. The military. I have been out for quite some time and also am dealing with the issue of lost records. I sent the docs in Oct. Got my brown packet in Feb. Send the docs back within 10 days. I was told that they got some of the docs but not all so I am making a copy of the docs to resend them in. I am also going to send the docs in re to my PTSD Claim and let them know I am currently being treated for it. From there All I can do is wait for them to get the records from the civilian sources and then wait to see where things go.

Can you remove things from your file once you start the cliam and then refile later. Wont that look kind of bad.

Any advise is appreciated.

Here at ACAP and the Transitional center when they assist you in filing your claim what the basically do is take your records and list all items in the file you were treated for that compensatable. That is how they did my friends and that is how i got those issues on there. Of course they only listed compensatable iteams that they found in the records.