VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Ssi & Va Claims A Winner

Rate this topic

ReconRon

FOr all in June 2009 I filed for SSI and I just received a call from my case manager stateing it looks like they are going approive my claim. She said she just waiting for the finl doctr report and than my oletter will be sent out after 8 month it happening now woow.

Next iI files as a Homeless Veteran February and am having the DAv handle my case and they put on the case Homeless please expedite claim. I submitted the claim February 19th 2010 it already been to the rating office as the DAV check the status of the claim.

This was February 26th 2010. Today I recieved a letter from VA dated MArch 2,nd , 2010 stating ""we are still proccessing your applications for COMPENSATION. We appoligized for the delay. You will be notified upon completion of the processing. If you r mailing address is different please contact us immediately of any changes.

M. kwok

VETERAN SERVICE CENTER MANAGER

Los Angeles Region

Does anybody know the step of the claims ? ? Has it been rated yet if they are doing already Compenstion, and whats after Compensation what's next?

Thanks to all that have provided info and help for me

When or how long until I get rating and when do they start benefits for payments ?

How does all that work.

Bless All

Recon

Ron

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I would guess that you are very close but than again I never had anyone call me and tell me that I would get award. Sorry that you are homeless but that is about to be over. The only problem is you will not get as much retro but depending of SS award you should get a nice check

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know the step of the claims ? ? Has it been rated yet if they are doing already Compenstion, and whats after Compensation what's next?

Thanks to all that have provided info and help for me

When or how long until I get rating and when do they start benefits for payments ?

How does all that work.

Bless All

Recon

Ron

• HadIt.com Elder

The letter they sent you was a form letter. Standard SOP.

Time is of the essence is not a term the RO's use very often.

I hope it goers quick for you as it depends on the RO.

You stated you were approved for SSI-

which is income limited and your VA claim will impact on the SSI amount if the VA approves the claim.

From 3 to 6 months after filing a compensation claim-you will receive a VCAA letter from the VA. It will tell you exactly what evidence they still need from you and will also possibly make a statement as to what rating you could expect.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use