Where Can I Get A Commissary Id?

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Here is how I figured it out, which should work for you, too. I went to the nearby military base. There are guards at the gate, and I simply asked them where does one go to get a commissary id card. The guard then directed me right where to go

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder
I live in Birmingham Alabama, can anyone tell me where the nearest facility that issue commissary ID to me?

The website www.Commissaries.com has a store locator. After tapping the link for a store locator you can put in your zip code and the website will find the closest commissary to you. According to that website there are commissaries at four different bases in Alabama. I believe that each of these miltary bases has the ability to issue an armed forces i.d. so that he can use commissary privileges. Also you need to search online under military.com AND installation guide. This will help you find phone numbers and other information about each of the bases in Alabama. Does anyone else know how to help this person figure out which of these 4 military bases is closest to Birmingham, AL?

Edited by deltaj

Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville Al is 76 miles from B'ham. Maxwell AFB is 87 miles and Maxwell-Gunter Annex is 87 miles from B'ham in Montgomery. If you are planning on using one of these commisssaries, get their phone number and call them to find out their days & hours to be open. Then call the I. D. card section & find out what paperwork you will need & their hours. Then you could do everything in one day. Have the cards made and then go shopping. I can say from my experience that the prices are not that much cheaper & you have to consider the time to drive & the cost of gas. But that is something you can determine after a trip or two. This will also save you the trouble of trying to find a national guard unit that might make you a I D card.