• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Welcome Home Vietnam Vet

Rate this question

shamrock

Question

Senate Passes Welcome Home Day

Week of March 29, 2010

A resolution introduced by U.S. Senator Richard Burr (R-NC), Ranking Member of the Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs, encouraging communities across the nation to establish "Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day" was passed unanimously by the Senate. The resolution designates March 30, 2010, as "Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day," to honor the return home of our armed servicemembers after serving in Vietnam. For more information on the War in Vietnam, including educational materials, visit the U.S. Army in Vietnam, the Virtual Vietnam Archive, the Public Broadcasting Service's Battlefield Vietnam webpage, the Vietnam War Bibliography, and the Gravel Edition of The Pentagon Papers.

Find ways to support and honor U.S. military servicemembers and veterans who protect our security and freedom. Visit the Military.com Support our Troops

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Welcome home, I don't think so.

When you read the obits in the paper it may say that Mr. Jones has been called home to be with his Father. That's the only welcome home we need because we have seen what hell is like.

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder

If all those draft dodgers serving in congress had been to Vietnam that would be the welcome I would like. After being kicked in the yarbels for 40 years they can keep the welcome home jazz. Just give me the money I am due. Better yet, bring back the draft and make sure those with the highest incomes go first. Go to Wall Street and round up all these guys under 35 making millions and send them into the infantry in Iraq or Afghanistan. This would be justice.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

BECAUSE THIS IS A pc BOARD, i WILL NOT TELL THEM AFTER MORE THAN 40 YEARS WERE THEY AND WHAT THEY CAN DO WITH THAT PAPER WORK

IMHO

I AGREE!

I know of very few viet vets who were not treated like a dog. Welcome home ,are they serious ? 40 years of fighting the bureaucreacy and wind up getting lowballed.

Just wear you out mentally. Then after everybody is gone to welcome the remaining few survivers home.

I got no use for their rhetoric.

Welcome home??? Too late on this end. My father, who served 2 tours in Vietnam, died 3 years ago. Ironically, just days before his death he told me how excited he was because the VA finally granted his Agent Orange claim. He never received a penny of that compensation.

He was wearing his KOREAN veteran hat when he died. For some reason, my father never spoke much about or seemed proud of his service in Vietnam.