Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Encouragement, So Reading The Sucesses

Rate this topic

VetsLady

I've been feeling the major stress again of waiting. AMC sent the file back to the BVA for decision and anxiety has taken hold.

Fortunately, we are back in line at the original docket date and from what I've been advised, the same VLJ will review the file

for decision.

Trying to figure out a way to feel better, and in reading all of the success stories has helped which = success for not having to go to bed tonight

feeling lower than a snakes belly in a wagon wheel rut.

Thank you's to all who shared...

I hope that we can post a VA success soon also. It's been way too long....8 years too long.

VetsLady and, Proud to Be

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I hope it works out well for you. Someone wrote a book called The Power of Positive Thinking. I never read it, but believe wholeheartedly in what the title represents. Keep us posted on your progress.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Vetslady,

Here's a story for you.

carlie

Change Your Thinking

It will take just 37 seconds to read this and change your thinking.

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room.

One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs...

His bed was next to the room's only window.

The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back..

The men talked for hours on end.

They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation..

Every afternoon, when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake.

Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite details, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine this picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon, the man by the window described a parade passing by.

Although the other man could not hear the band - he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days, weeks and months passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep.

She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside.

He strained to slowly turn to look out the window besides the bed.

It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window.

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.

She said, 'Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.'

Epilogue:

There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.

Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.

If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.

'Today is a gift, that is why it is called The Present.'

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Vetslady,

Here's a story for you.

carlie

Change Your Thinking

It will take just 37 seconds to read this and change your thinking.

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room.

One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs...

His bed was next to the room's only window.

The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back..

The men talked for hours on end.

They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation..

Every afternoon, when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake.

Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite details, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine this picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon, the man by the window described a parade passing by.

Although the other man could not hear the band - he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days, weeks and months passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep.

She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside.

He strained to slowly turn to look out the window besides the bed.

It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window.

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.

She said, 'Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.'

Epilogue:

There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.

Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.

If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.

'Today is a gift, that is why it is called The Present.'

Carlie....

You are a sweetie. I've read this story before but have nto thought of it in years....thank you for the reminder. It does get lonely caring for a spouse with disabilities that will only eventually worsen, some sooner than others. Being reminded of this story helps remind me to see the glass 1/2 full, to listen for the morning birds song and to enjoy sitting with 2 snuggly little dogs on my lap and the joy they return to me for just loving them.

You are right. Thank you. I needed this tonight.

Edited by VetsLady

I hope it works out well for you. Someone wrote a book called The Power of Positive Thinking. I never read it, but believe wholeheartedly in what the title represents. Keep us posted on your progress.

I've heard that book title......the author escapes me at the moment. But, you have reminded me of something my husband and I used to do every morning

before we started our work day and that was a power talk with power words, such as "enthusiasm" and we'd choose a different word each week and really

work toward achieving the goal. Even though he is unable to do that now, I can. And, I can do it for him too. I'll just have to yell really, really loud.

Thanks for bringing my spirits up tonight. It's been a bumpy ride.

My Mom always told me "honey you can't change the past or predict the future but you can control today" - one day at a time.

I think my biggest fear is now that the claim is at BVA, if it gets denied, we're going up to the next level and I have no idea what to do then.

Here, I go again...I only have control over today x 100. It's going to sink in. It's the same advice I would give.

My thanks to you for throwing the ladder tongiht......

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use