VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received My Brown Envelope From The Va, And "boy" Was I Suprised.

Rate this topic

gent68

:D I received the dreaded BROWN envelope from the VA, after reading hundreds, maybe thousands, of post. I immediately had a knot in my stomach. So much so I made my wife read it and tell me the results. I was shocked by the results, 100% permanent.

My situation was different than most on this site. Through the hard work, sweat, tears, and sacrifices of those Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marine’s before me, which legislated to establish a program that benefits all those that follow, secured my decision. For those that are struggling, and continue to struggle, with the VA system, I need to stop and say “THANK YOU”. Thank you, for it not for all of you, everyone would be struggling. What you may not realize is your fight forced the system to adapt and evolve into a system that supports the newly discharged and retired service members.

I wish everyone success, not matter how large or small their claim may be. We must all stick together. We have seen and experienced things most in the civilian world would never understand. It’s unspoken amongst ourselves and everyone deserves this system to be on their side.

Thank you all again and I will continue to add my add my 2-cents on this site.

Sincerely,

Gent68

CW3, USA (Ret)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many Congratulations Gent68

I know how hard it is to open those envelopes. My wife has had to do mine too.

Be sure to check out your state benefits (such as property tax relief)and such.

Gent68, Congrats from a fellow Texan. I'm extremely happy for you and your family.

Papa

San Antonio

:D I received the dreaded BROWN envelope from the VA, after reading hundreds, maybe thousands, of post. I immediately had a knot in my stomach. So much so I made my wife read it and tell me the results. I was shocked by the results, 100% permanent.

My situation was different than most on this site. Through the hard work, sweat, tears, and sacrifices of those Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marine's before me, which legislated to establish a program that benefits all those that follow, secured my decision. For those that are struggling, and continue to struggle, with the VA system, I need to stop and say "THANK YOU". Thank you, for it not for all of you, everyone would be struggling. What you may not realize is your fight forced the system to adapt and evolve into a system that supports the newly discharged and retired service members.

I wish everyone success, not matter how large or small their claim may be. We must all stick together. We have seen and experienced things most in the civilian world would never understand. It's unspoken amongst ourselves and everyone deserves this system to be on their side.

Thank you all again and I will continue to add my add my 2-cents on this site.

Sincerely,

Gent68

CW3, USA (Ret)

Gent68: You should get 100% knocked off your property tax here in Texas.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use