Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam In Am For Same Reason Secondary Conditions

Rate this question

halos2

Question

Been in a funk for quite a few days. Have another C&P tomorrow, remember the last one was completed and the VARO called the NP and told her not to make an opinion, as they were going to have BH opinion on HTN and Fibro????

Well low and behold the VARO decided to send my C-File this time and low and behold I have another C&P with the same NP for the same secondary conditions!

So she phones me today and says you don't have to show up for this as I still have all of my exam notes and can opinion on those...I told her thanks but I will be there for my scheduled exam as per VARO, plus I have another appointment tomorrow too.

Told her since my last C&P with her in Mar 2010, I was diagnosed with a fractured back(healing) and diabetes too.

We both realized these cannot be added to my initial claim for this appeal, but wanted her to be aware of my continuation of further secondary conditions I would be applying for.

She says OK come on in tomorrow but it will be alot quicker as I already know what you have and what you are claiming.

She tells me she doesn't know much about HTN,Fibro in relationship to PTSD and other diagnoses, but will search on the net for answers. SO I spent about 30 minutes copying medical diagnoses/in relationship to these secondary conditions. Plus some recent granted cases from BVA too.

Wish me luck as I am so leary of NP's especially since my first one the defunct one I had...

I think I am going to write my own letter (another one of many) with references, and sign it RN!

I am medically educated to do it, and they have ignored it before, but I will hand it to her and see what happens.

Got nothing to lose!

TICK-TOCK-TICK-TOCK tomorrow is another D-Day for me... B) :huh: :o

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

halos,

I hope this exam goes better than the last one for you. ME TOO! THANKS CARLIE B)

Are you an RN and is your license active ? YES AND YES ARE MY ANSWERS! :huh:

carlie

I think I am going to write my own letter (another one of many) with references, and sign it RN!

I am medically educated to do it, and they have ignored it before, but I will hand it to her and see what happens.

halos,

I would put my RN license number next to my signature on the letter.

I would also attach a copy of your RN license to the letter.

If the C&P examiner will not accept the copies you want to leave with them,

then I would submit them to VA - heck I'd probably still submit it to VA

even if the examiner agrees to accept the information.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie, Great idea. I will send them to VARO certified/registered today. Have signed info in the past with RN but will put degrees with my signature and title from now on. They seemed to have never paid attention to my professional nursing license in the past but I will do as you suggest.

BTW the examiner read my my supporting documents and said she also found thousands of supporting evidence linking HTN and Fibromyalgia to PTSD. She assured me she was going to base her evidence on these secondary conditions as these were definately linked to PTSD, and therefore she basically said "This is a slam dunk to me as far as I am concerned!"

She reminded me to get copies of these 2 C&P's she did, and I told her I already signed the form and Medical Records "my inside worker" will send these to me as soon as they are completed in the computer.

I did tell her during active duty I was treated for HTN once and given medication too. She was going to link it too, as she thought it would make my case stronger.

She was astonished when I informed her of all the dirty deads the VA did to me including losing claim, declaring me deceased, proposal to sever, denying I filled appeals on time(false and proven to) cueing themselves for denying claim when valid info was always present, jerking me around with C-File requests(6 times) making me wait 7 mths for personal hearing, 6 1/2 more mths to send me half/assed transcript, BVA, etc, etc...

So time will tell????

Also VARO could not make a decision on my remand as they sent records to VAMC this time for C&P.

Remember last month they sent NO RECORDS at all for C&P review, just one sheet of paper to do exam, then told examiner not to opinion on exam...

I think they are trying to drive me looney, no thanks, not gonna happen! :D :D

• HadIt.com Elder

You know when I went for a MH exam about ten years ago at the VA the doctor asked me if I had a college degree. When I told him I had a BA in psycology he used that in his report to say that I knew enough to fake my symptoms. I hit the roof and so did my VSO. I appealed, but what really helped me were the IMO's I got.