Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam In Am For Same Reason Secondary Conditions

Rate this question

halos2

Question

Been in a funk for quite a few days. Have another C&P tomorrow, remember the last one was completed and the VARO called the NP and told her not to make an opinion, as they were going to have BH opinion on HTN and Fibro????

Well low and behold the VARO decided to send my C-File this time and low and behold I have another C&P with the same NP for the same secondary conditions!

So she phones me today and says you don't have to show up for this as I still have all of my exam notes and can opinion on those...I told her thanks but I will be there for my scheduled exam as per VARO, plus I have another appointment tomorrow too.

Told her since my last C&P with her in Mar 2010, I was diagnosed with a fractured back(healing) and diabetes too.

We both realized these cannot be added to my initial claim for this appeal, but wanted her to be aware of my continuation of further secondary conditions I would be applying for.

She says OK come on in tomorrow but it will be alot quicker as I already know what you have and what you are claiming.

She tells me she doesn't know much about HTN,Fibro in relationship to PTSD and other diagnoses, but will search on the net for answers. SO I spent about 30 minutes copying medical diagnoses/in relationship to these secondary conditions. Plus some recent granted cases from BVA too.

Wish me luck as I am so leary of NP's especially since my first one the defunct one I had...

I think I am going to write my own letter (another one of many) with references, and sign it RN!

I am medically educated to do it, and they have ignored it before, but I will hand it to her and see what happens.

Got nothing to lose!

TICK-TOCK-TICK-TOCK tomorrow is another D-Day for me... B) :huh: :o

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

When I went for an IMO, the docotr aske dme in depth about my work record and ecucation..

I had a neurologist asked me about my education and work record too

How would they know, all they have is your word on everything..

Does the VA conduct in dpth investigation on your peronsal history, absolutely not, unless of course if you lie about soemething big ... and they have good reason, other than that they just take your word for everything..

They neuologist was trying t find out why I shake, trmor, etc.

and he asked about my education,,

he said that people with Dystrophy have learning disabilities..

I was trying ot find out if I have MS, and have been searching for answers for many years..

This neuro doctor says it isn't MS, but Dystrphy that cuase sme to termor and shake and unvoluary movements..

I do have several degrees..

While I was on active duty I was treated for tremors..

While in the hospital they kept asking if I had parkinsons disease..

I said I had no idea, I was stil trying ot get a diagnosis..

I am stil not satisfied, but at least I had some diagnosis..

I have a ton of problems and getting answers has been a very long time in coming..

P

You know when I went for a MH exam about ten years ago at the VA the doctor asked me if I had a college degree. When I told him I had a BA in psycology he used that in his report to say that I knew enough to fake my symptoms. I hit the roof and so did my VSO. I appealed, but what really helped me were the IMO's I got.

• HadIt.com Elder

retired:

The VA looks a lot deeper than many realize but they really rely on what you tell them and what they can verify. Social Security gives them lots of info on your work History.

Sometimes a simple print out by year and month of your social security payments can help your claim