Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do You Obtain A Copy Of A C&p Exam?

Rate this question

Hoppy

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The veteran I am helping was finally scheduled a C&P exam even though the case was previously denied without any exams. This forced me to obtain an IMO. The IMO is pretty strong. So now the VA scheduled a C&P exam. The veteran went to the exam and was informed that it is not a traditional exam and that the doctor was not asked to fill out and exam worksheet. The Dr. was asked to read the IMO and several other reports and comment on his findings.

I recall that the protocol for obtaining a copy of the C&P had changed. What is the recommended way to obtain a copy of this exam as soon as possible?

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

• HadIt.com Elder
Hoppy,

The docs are supposedly given 10 business days to post their C&P results. After that, they can be obtained from the VAMC Release of Information office. I just did this last month, got mine about 6 days after my exams, and the clerk printed them on the spot. Please note that my C&P was done by VA staff physicians, not QTC contractors.

x

x

x

Release of Information Office!! That's what I meant to say lol! Always good to see you on board Hoppy!! ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

I've had several c/p's of which after each one I went to Release of Information Office, Filled out a form, which ask's for the date of the exam, type of exam.....two weeks later received a copy of the results and report of my c/p...

I've had several c/p's of which after each one I went to Release of Information Office, Filled out a form, which ask's for the date of the exam, type of exam.....two weeks later received a copy of the results and report of my c/p...

If go in-person then you will leave with a copy of your C&P......no mailbox watching!

B6

United States Army 1990-2001

80% SC, 100% TDIU (P&T) w/SSDI

Operation Desert Shield/Storm - 1st Infantry Division

Hoppy At my VAMC, I have a good rapport with ROI, and she gives me documents virtually immediately, especially if its under 10 pages or so. If I want a whole copy of my med records, hundreds of pages long, I have to wait for it in the mail. They just wont tie up the copier for 2 hours while they print mine on the spot. That seems fair to me. I wish all of my records were as easy to get as at my VAMC. Sometimes, C and P exams wont be released immediately. At least one of the reasons is that they are often done by a PA or NP, and a MD usually has to "sign off" on it, before the C and P will be released. (Even tho an MD may have to sign off on it, I still dont think that his signature will be on there publicly. I think the MD signs off on it "internally", and you will never see the docs signature, nor will anyone else viewing the C and P.) It was a couple weeks before my C and P was released, maybe cuz the "head honcho doc" was on vacation or something like that.