Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Introduction

Rate this question

Bob-e

Question

I’m tired!

After seventeen-years, I am tired of the constant YELLOW rain sprayed down upon me by the Veterans Administration which first flat-out refused my PTSD claim in 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996. I am still fighting.

Today, Monday was NOT a good day for me. I won't take your time here, but if you care you read about my struggle with the VA and PTSD on my blog http://cid-5d732de5984e829c.profile.live.com/.

I really need help, any help. I have tried working with congressional representative, Senator Merkley (D-OR), but his office has been a waste of my time. I have a Veteran's Services Coordinator, paid to help vets by Washington County, Oregon; he has been one step from useless. I have sent the VA every piece of paper I can think of; except, getting a legal letter from my old lawyer from 1985; who helped me pro bono in 1985; but, I today is a different story. I have tried to find the original congressman who helped keep me alive in 1985; Congressman Jim Bates D-CA, but he is nothing more than a ghost in the wind. He is alive... somewhere.

In a nutshell my PTSD was not only caused by blowing the whistle, and being strangled by Primo Cayabyab, but I was also torpedoed by the United States Navy itself in the press and summarily thrown in the streets without anywhere to sleep or food to eat - WITH 90 DAYS LEFT ON ACTIVE DUTY!

For those vets old enough to remember the 1960's television show with Chuck Connors - I was Branded!

At the time I was a young and dumb twenty-six year old who told the world the king had no clothes, and as always those who do not want to have the message told kill the messenger.

Unlike the vets listed in the article by "Allen G. Breed, Associated Press, PTSD rules an invitation for false VA claims", I have PTSD.

I need help. I do not have any money and I am fully disabled due to physical ailments (heart problems, scar tissues, degeneritive back disease and other things) on top of the mental anguish of PTSD.

The saddest thing to me is that I sacraficed my navy career. I DID MY DUTY! I protected America from enemies foreign and DOMESTIC - and America never cared about the solution the whistleblower laid out for them that had been tried and proven "TOO EFFECTIVE" in catching fraud, waste and abuse in the Navy supply and procurement system. But because I not only blew the whistle on a bunch of pilering store keepers, who by the way were selling weapons and aircraft parts off of the USS Kitty Hawk to Iran, I blew the whistle on the Navy itself for using its aircraft carrier as a delivery system for the Iran/Contra affair.

My attorney in 1985 told me that "I knew too much". Of course at the time I blew the whistle I had NO CLUE about Iran/Contra. I only knew as the ships' auditor that hundreds of millions of dollars were unaccounted for on the ship and my LIFE was in danger.

Whether you believe Iran/Contra was Oliver North being a hero, or the villian; doesn't matter - in 1985, I was just doing my duty!

Can anyone help me with my seventeen year battle for PTSD treatment and compensation - or am I just standing in the yellow rain... alone? :D

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The VA has everything that I have put on my blog to book as far as PEOPLE, newspapers, etc. I sent it to them. I also sent them the cover of the Congressional Book from when I testified to Congress on 10/1/1985. Unfortunately, I could not get a replacement booklet from the Congressional printing office they said it was out of print.

However, there is a good probability that most of the files are tagged "TOP SECRET" since the whole incidence was connected to the Iran/Contra affair.

Do you know anyone who can help me find former Congressman Jim Bates (D-CA)? He was the Congressman who went toe-to-toe with the Navy. The congressman was the REASON the Navy had to let me off the ship - the Navy told my lawyer (Randy C. Whaley, Esq. San Diego, CA) that my life was NOT in danger so the Navy was NOT going to let me off the ship.

When Primo strangled me we were both stationed on the USS Kitty Hawk.

I wrote a book as a form of self-therapy, which didn't work; but, at least MY version of history and what happened on the Kitty Hawk is out - unpublished. I don't have the money to pay an editor to edit the book - it is RAW! I wrote the book in 1'st person so the reader cvould get in my head and understand WHY I did what I did.

The greatest fear I have is that I threw away a career for NOTHING! Please let others know about the Whistleblower book. I have it posted on Harper Collins' Authonomy website:

The Whistleblower, Reflections of a Wandering Mind... Skating the Edge Between Darkness and Light

http://www.authonomy.com/Profile.aspx?user...d8-881ac51c10f7

One thing the reader should know is the book was written in the same fashion as For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway. At the beginning of each chapter is a montage of me lying in the VA hospital. Those scenes were derived from my VA operation in 2005. I almost bled to death in the VA hospital and almost died due to malpractice. The documents to help prove my story are on my blog under "photos". You can look at the documents just in themselves and it will show you the truth.

Documents like the ones I received from Yasser Arafat, and other arms dealers I interviewed that showed VP George Bush was the mastermind behind Iran/Contra. Some of the documents were either stolen (I lost 4 cars and had my apartment broken into four times), or I had to give the documents to the FBI because they were classified. Although, I did manage to keep a cassete recording of the first Nico Minardos interview.

One thing always bothered me since 1985 is that the "PRESS" was so Hell-bent on getting the "STORY" for its news value. None of the press, and I mean zero, ever asked me about the beneficial suggestion I created, implemented and used to uncover $320,000,000 of fraud, waste and abuse on ONE aircraft carier! Don't take my word for it - it is a public fact and is part of the Congressional record.

I impleneted the TARP (Training, Auditting, Reporting Program) after writing and creating the TARP training classes and a POS booklet that had to be signed off by Supply. When I was done training the actual 450 sailors who were the divisional supply petty officers on HOW to balance their OPTAR (divisional checking accounts) against the "OFFICIAL" accounting sytem - I had over 100 men come to me and give me proof of crimes. I promised each they would remain aninomous - the NIS exposed them all and told the crooks the jig was up!

The TARP system because it worked so well had pinpointed the bad apples in supply. I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE KNOWS - 99.99% OF THE MEN ON THE USS KITTY SERVED WITH HONOR. It is not those men I blew the whistle on.

I am too tired and too emotionally spent to re-hash everything but I if you are interested in what I blew and why I blew the whistle in 1985, please read the whistleblower book and pass the link to your friends, family, members of the press, Congressman, Senator, etc.)

Yes, Primo strangling me still causes me nightmares. However, it was being BRANDED in the press, drummed out of the Navy and thrown on the street, and humilitated me in the very halls of Congress that have caused me the greatest emotional trauma.

I am tired, so very tired... I can't stop crying. I have such a deep depression that even on a sunny day my life if full of gloom.

Peace.

"I told her she could read PEOPLE, TIME, Newsweek, LA Times or a thousand other newspapers from August 1985. The stressor is PUBLIC knowledge -even Primo strangling me is part of the "Congressional Records of former Congressman Jim Bates (D-CA). "

Does the VA have documentation of this information? (newspaper articles etc.)

Can you put yourself via your military records at the exact time and place of this stressor?

My husband went to VA in 1983 for a business loan.He had no job so they turned him down.He had a flashback when he asked to meet the loan officer- an Oriental man-Rod thought it was the enemy and tried to choke him-and they sent in a Psychiatrist to talk to him.And the cops.

After a lot of probing he relayed an event he was involved in (USMC Vietnam volunteer job)which the psychiatrist ( also incountry Shrink) remembered vividly- as it also made National news here.

The shrink knew Ist Mar DIV well 65-66 and the VA shrink immediately verified this stressor,diagnosed him with PTSD, and he left VA not with a business loan but with a claim filed for something he didnt understand at all-he didnt know what PTSD was.He received 30% SC.

Years later when he went into the PTSD program in Buffalo the VA asked him for another stressor statement and he had a list of them.The DAV said that didnt make sense that they would verify something again.

He was able to give dates, times , exact locales and also had tracings from the Wall of men in his unit whose deaths he witnessed.

I dont know what they verified or if they stuck with the original incident to verify that he told VA shrink in Newark-

But it shows if you can put yourself in the same time,place etc. by MOS or other proof in your SRBs, then the VA will be able to verify your stressor and Newspaper accounts will help.

I would think these news accounts of a stressor you were involved in are still available on the internet.

JSRRC will declassify anything needed for VA purposes.My daughter was Mil Intell Top Secret and this is what they told her as well as our former lawyer here Alex always said they can declassify- at JSRRC so that should not be an issue regarding 99% of all VA claims.

I have posted Definition of a stressor here at hadit-available with the search feature.

When Rod left the VA in 1983 he asked them what the heck PTSD was and they told him to get to a Vet center to find out. That is where I met him. I was a civilian volunteer in the combat PTSD group.

We discussed stressor alot and the VA has a specific criteria for what they consider a stressor to be.

In his PTSD stressor form-the month by mopnth TDY one- my husband put by some months in Vietnam -"incoming and firefights as usual"

and didnt expand on that.

Although that in itself is a bonafide stressor- his stressors were more from the aftermath of battle,and non combat situations-as he considered being in the firefights was his job.

There are countless ways to incur stressors in the military but I suggest reading my topic here as to how the VA defines them.

It is sometimes the little details that vets might leave out which will help JSRRC.

Bob-e,

What does it state for the denial of PTSD, on the Rating Decision in the Reasons and Bases Section ?

In regards to,

"Those scenes were derived from my VA operation in 2005. I almost bled to death in the VA hospital

and almost died due to malpractice."

If you are seeking compensation for VA malpractice you would need to file a

Federal Tort Claim.

FTC's are based on residual/additional disability and have a two year time limit (for filing),

from the time the veteran becomes aware of the malpractice being committed.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

In a nutshell here is the problem:

The NAVY says my life was NEVER in danger. They have never changed their position. If the VA is ONLY going to the NAVY for the "OFFICIAL" version of events then of course the "stressor" is going to be denied.

However, if you go to my blog and click on the photos you can look at all of the documents.

The VA for 17 years had denied the stressor.

The stressor was not only reported in the press. MY lawyer at the time had to file legal documents with the Federal court to keep the Navy from throwing me in the brig! The Navy wanted to throw me in the brig for removing documents off the ship. Duh, kind of hard to prove my claims without proof.

What more can I give the VA? If I had the money I could pay the original lawyer to represent me since he has "first hand" knowledge of the event - but I have no money and his days of Pro Bono for me are long gone.

If you are having problems view authonomy just type this in.

http://www.authonomy.com/

Then when you are on the site type: Whistleblower in the search box.

Then both my books (Inside-Out and The Whistleblower will come up. You can read the story but to see the documents you have to go to the blog. Not sure why you couldn't get it to work? Try cutting and pasting this link directly into your web address bar.

http://cid-5d732de5984e829c.profile.live.com/

Then on the "Left" side of the the page you will see Details, Photos, Photos of Robert, etc. Click on "PHOTOS" and it will take you to the books. click on the book you want to see the docs on and they should come right up. You can view each document one at a time - or look at them using a slide show.

JMHO Carlie, thank you for your assistance and time,

Sincerely,

Bob-e Jackson

=====================

Bob-e,

Welcome to Hadit.

Your rank has been promoted a level to seaman and you should be

able to upload some files now.

I agree with Berta - please post the Reasons and Bases Section from your denials

on the issue of PTSD so we can try and help you out.

I went to the link you provided but was unable to locate this specific information,

perhaps I don't have the program needed to do so.

Anyways, people will probably add more for you especially if they have the info

right here in your post versus going elsewhere for it.

I am also moving this topic to Claims/Benefits Research.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

You can still hire lawyers now. They get percentage of your retro. You don't need to go pro bone route.

John,

Thank you for your thoughts. As I am fully physically and mentally disabaled I will not be able to work again and this will be all the money I have in the world. I have never been able to join the American dream of owning a home, although I have worked since I was 16 and didn't piss money away on booze, bimbos and gambling. I just was never able to hold a real job that was able to earn enought money to survive (rent, food utilities, etc). My wife has no insurance and needs dental as do I.

If I ever get any retro money I will need it to buy a small manufacture home, or if I get enough money a REAL stick and brick house. But, that is just a dream.

Thank you for your post.

Bob-e

You can still hire lawyers now. They get percentage of your retro. You don't need to go pro bone route.