VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Good News

Rate this question

foxhunter

Question

Had a C&P on the 13th of March, received the news in the mail yesterday. Increased from 50% to 70% PTSD with a gaf of 55. Thought that was a quick response for the VA. Thanks everyone, I can see some light at the end of the tunnel now.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I think you got lucky here with a GAF of 55...I know that is not to be the determining factor...but usually higher scores result in lower grants. What was your score when they awarded 50%?

My varo grades low with GAF40=30%...NOD/appeal and went to 50%. Yes numerous stressors validated in-service and out too.

Glad you got this rating, maybe you can have a little breathing room now. Remember when you no longer are able to work, put in for TDIU.

Enjoy your reward. ;)

halos2. On my first C&P my GAF was 51. I have several confirmed stressors,Purple Heart & CIB.The examiner stated (a gaf of 55 including symptoms from all three diagnosed conditions) and that I met total occupational and social impairment.

Your CIB was a major stressor that was significant for you to get the rating as your ph with it. I am glad they really read your dd214, C-FILES TO AWARD YOU SUCH. Isn't it odd we vets can see/find/explain where/ what is in our files and the VARO staff haven't a clue. Maybe because they wear blinders when looking at our claims. I am still glad you got that rating with that score. Some VARO's are so narrow minded when they utalize the score more than the stressors.

halos2. On my first C&P my GAF was 51. I have several confirmed stressors,Purple Heart & CIB.The examiner stated (a gaf of 55 including symptoms from all three diagnosed conditions) and that I met total occupational and social impairment.

• HadIt.com Elder

Most vets with 70% for ptsd find it hard to keep a job. Start saving that money for the day you have to file for IU. You get your IU money and then you can file for SSD. The way these disability programs work is they starve you out. You have to be really incapacitated to wait for the money. Anybody who can will go to work to avoid the torture of waiting a year or 18 months for money. Many here have sat for years with no income waiting for 100% or IU. This stress makes their conditions twice as bad in the end. It makes for a lot of bitter vets as well.