windy city

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

136 bucks is AA for spouse. The OIF Vets can get other benefits if you were disabled after 911

I think we are mixing apples and oranges. The first question was in regards to "Pension" NSC. Then A&A application for spouse is for a spouse of a SC veteran who is herself a non-veteran yet in need of A&A. Pete is right in the amount for 100%, there are lesser amounts for 30% to 100%. BTW, a wife of a living SC veteran is not eligible for "Housebound" benefits, this is only available if the veteran is deceased.

• HadIt.com Elder

the care giver amounts are part of the Dole/Shalala Commission recommended and apply only to veterans disabled since 9/11 the VA is getting their wedges dividing veterans so it is causing the why do they get it and not us? questions to be asked bottom line is older vets and their spouses are taking the short end of it will Congress ever fix it? I doubt it as it would be too expensive....

• HadIt.com Elder

TestVet

It is always about saving a buck with the VA. All the talk about the nation's debt to veterans always boils down to a handshake and a kick in the pants. What can you expect when the generation in power mostly were draft dodgers? You can cut through all the flowery talk, and find that the VA and the government probably thinks we are overpaid for the benefits we get.

if you scroll down other topics you will find a topic (from bizarre denial to downout data) you will find a respond from sixthscents were they are paying his spouse for caring for him, i guess i must of mistaken it with stipend.

TestVet

It is always about saving a buck with the VA. All the talk about the nation's debt to veterans always boils down to a handshake and a kick in the pants. What can you expect when the generation in power mostly were draft dodgers? You can cut through all the flowery talk, and find that the VA and the government probably thinks we are overpaid for the benefits we get.