VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Procedore To Expidate A Claim Due To Harship.

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I am told there is a way if you are homeless or bankrupt that you can expidite your claim and this will move you to have your claim done within 90 say. I have googled and looked here and cant find anymore info on this. Can you guys tell me what this is called and how to do it. I also need to know what docs are required.

Thnx

Any info about this will be most helpful.

Thnx

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted · Hidden by Tbird, June 24, 2010 - duplicate posts
Hidden by Tbird, June 24, 2010 - duplicate posts

Form is called a VA5655, financial statement. Submit it with a letter declaring bankrupcy, or warning letters from your bank over credit cards, or utility shutoff notices, or an eviction notice, or even a letter from your mom saying you owe her money and you aint paying it back to her satisfaction.

I have a girl here in Roanoke that I helped submit a VA5655 through the senators office and it worked like a charm, she is expecting her 100% rating decision withina few days.

Granted, she filed for bankrucpy, her husband beat her and kicked her out of the house, AND shes got 3 kids to feed, but the VA5655 helped cut a few months off her IU request.

PM me if you have any questions.

Posted · Hidden by Tbird, June 24, 2010 - duplicate posts
Hidden by Tbird, June 24, 2010 - duplicate posts

Form is called a VA5655, financial statement. Submit it with a letter declaring bankrupcy, or warning letters from your bank over credit cards, or utility shutoff notices, or an eviction notice, or even a letter from your mom saying you owe her money and you aint paying it back to her satisfaction.

I have a girl here in Roanoke that I helped submit a VA5655 through the senators office and it worked like a charm, she is expecting her 100% rating decision withina few days.

Granted, she filed for bankrucpy, her husband beat her and kicked her out of the house, AND shes got 3 kids to feed, but the VA5655 helped cut a few months off her IU request.

PM me if you have any questions.

OMG thnx so much. I sent in a regular form statement in support of claim. I will do this and send it in tomorrow.

What docs did your friend file. I did file a bk but it got kicked out. I am needing to refile but need 600 dollars to do it. I have been homeless since nov. i filed my claim in oct. I can give them the docs from the bk court and the nov eviction. do you think that will do.

• HadIt.com Elder

Go to the VARO and bring all your documents with you and make your case to a human being. Otherwise, you claim goes on the pile with a million others. Many here have been unemployed and without income for years before VA makes a good decision. I would go to the VARO and tell them you are not leaving until you get help. If you get arrested at least you have a place to sleep. Your congressman might be able to help if you appeal directly to him/her.

Hello let me just say that so far with what I have personally experienced is that you can get your claim expedited due to financial hardship. I went homeless this year on feb.1 and the first place I went to was the denver va. If you have no housing you can enter programs for vets that are homeless and they also have information/programs that help with eviction and simple bills. I entered a grant per diem program for housing from the va. ( you get 3 gpd for your lifetime so use them well). The va put me into a hotel for 3 weeks till my national background check came back so I could enter a homeless transitional housing. When you sign up for the g.p.d program also enter the HUD VASH housing which is a program that will eventually provide you with a housing voucher to get your own apartment. They base your rent/utilities on your income(30%). They have a case manager check on you once a month for a year then from then on your on your own but with the cheap rent. The VA, city you live in, and state have numerous resources you can utilize if you homeless or near that point but these programs dont come to you. If you want to get back on your feet you have to be very proactive. The same day I went homeless my case manager brought me down to the d.a.v(Disabled American Veterans) and had me file for SC and NSC. When I filed I stated I was a combat OIF vet and homeless. The VSO REQUESTED for my claim to be expedited due to being homeless and a OIF vet. The VARO granted me the expedited process and so far everything is going well. My claim started 10 FEB 2011 and I've already finished all four C and P exams (7 items claiming)and now im waiting on the rating portion. Hopefully I get notification of a decision within the next month or so but it all depends on the complexity of your claim and how backed up your VARO is. There are some many programs through your va, state or city that help with homelessness or finacial problems that people dont know about so dont sit around and get depressed about your problems and do something about it. If you have more questions regarding expedited claims, homeless or finacial programs then dont be afraid to ask me. (BIG TIP- when dealing with these type of programs remember to treat everyone with respect and you can get almost anything done in a expedited manner)