Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Approval Advise

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

Well I have submitted my cliam. Send in all the statements in support. Send nexus letters and several buddy letters. They dont have the smr's so I have done all I can to represent my issues the best I can. I have been getting treatment for all my issues and now just waiting for an outcome. I am concerned cause a lady who send hers in in april of this years has her C & P Exam next week. I dont have one yet and I started in Oct of last year. I am hoping I didnt get lost on the shuffel. I send in a request due to homelessness for my claim to be expidited. I applied for pension and compensation. I am just not sure what is next.

Any advise will be appreciates. I have no money and am worried sick that I may not have done enough. I am worried about there being more I could have done.

Please give me you advise if any out there.

Thnx

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Well I have submitted my cliam. Send in all the statements in support. Send nexus letters and several buddy letters. They dont have the smr's so I have done all I can to represent my issues the best I can. I have been getting treatment for all my issues and now just waiting for an outcome. I am concerned cause a lady who send hers in in april of this years has her C & P Exam next week. I dont have one yet and I started in Oct of last year. I am hoping I didnt get lost on the shuffel. I send in a request due to homelessness for my claim to be expidited. I applied for pension and compensation. I am just not sure what is next.

Any advise will be appreciates. I have no money and am worried sick that I may not have done enough. I am worried about there being more I could have done.

Thnx

well my friend sorry about your situation, i would call your congressman and get them to look into it for you, also the VAMC here takes in the homeless vets and gets them on there feet something u might want to look into

• HadIt.com Elder

CM do you have a service officer? If not get one so they can review your case. It's free. I agree with the other post call your congressman.

Have you called your state social services to get food stamps and possibly cash from them? That's what those benefits are there for espically when a Vet needs them in my mind.

Thnx

I have advice. First, call 1-877 4AID Vet or 1877 424 3838. If you get the typical VA mumbo jumbo such as being put on hold forever, or not being able to reach a live person, then call:

Georgia

(404) 321-6111 4673

Atlanta

HCHV Program

VAMC/122

1670 Clairmont Rd.

Decatur GA 30033

Phone Number Ext.

(706) 733-0188 6392

Augusta

VAMC/122U

1 Freedom Way

Augusta GA 30904628

Phone Number Ext.

(706) 733-0188 7426

Augusta

VAMC/122U

1 Freedom Way

Augusta GA 30904628

Phone Number Ext.

Page 15

• HadIt.com Elder

Many Vets have had dire financial problems do to their service unconnected disability and in fact have lost a lot but the fact remains many make it and move on after the VA finally does its job.

Trust in yourself and Hadit and work on getting help. You earned the benefits and will get them.

Have you applied for SSD?

I got SSD for 5 years before I was 100%

• HadIt.com Elder

And, I, like Pete, received SSDI five years before I received 100% from the VA for the self-same disability. Many, many, of our veterans overlook the SSA because they find that they must focus ALL of their psyche and other resources explicity upon their VA claim. It's a SHAME, but, it's a FACT.

• HadIt.com Elder
... Many, many, of our veterans overlook the SSA because they find that they must focus ALL of their psyche and other resources explicity upon their VA claim. It's a SHAME, but, it's a FACT.

So true, LarryJ.