VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can The Va Bill My Insurance Company For My Nsc Healthcare?

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This is the "signature page" from your application for VA Healthcare Benefits:

SECTION XII - ASSIGNMENT OF BENEFITS

VETERAN'S NAME (Last, First, Middle) SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT DATE

VA FORM

NOV 2009 10-10EZ PAGE 3

I understand that pursuant to 38 U.S.C. Section 1729, VA is authorized to recover or collect from my health plan (HP) for

the reasonable charges of nonservice-connected VA medical care or services furnished or provided to me. I hereby

authorize payment directly to VA from any HP under which I am covered (including coverage provided under my spouse's

HP) that is responsible for payment of the charges for my medical care, including benefits otherwise payable to me or my

spouse.

ALL APPLICANTS MUST SIGN AND DATE THIS FORM. REFER TO INSTRUCTIONS WHICH DEFINE WHO CAN SIGN ON BEHALF OF THE VETERAN

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, and they will bill you for service connected issues as well until you stop them. It is not that easy to stop them. I have tried and tried and yet they continue to bill my private health plan for SC conditions and medications and even a C&P exam. I call the insurance company and tell them they are being defrauded. They don't want to try and find out which claims are valid NSC and which are SC inappropriate billings. They just pay and allow the VA to cost shift onto the backs of their paying customers. I don't get it.

• HadIt.com Elder

on my last visit the VA demanded my medicare card so I let them scan it I only have Medicare Part A they can't bill Medicare so even if I had Part B why demand our Medicare cards? The VA can not refuse to treat us when we turn 65 I am 100% plus so basically my entire medical care is their problem to tell the truth I have gotten better care at the VA than I did the civilian hospital next door so to me it's not about the money so much but as the point is they "broke it, and now they bought it" I know when my wife turns 62 she has to sign up for Part B it's in the CHAMPVA rule book for her to keep the CHAMPVA.......the VA will squeeze for all the nickels look at the new med hike increase

• HadIt.com Elder

Test:

They are gathering information and collecting any money that they can.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete I have no problem with the VA getting money from any legitimate source they can and I don't see Congress ever giving it's approval for the VA to send bills to medicare for veterans that just would not play well across the board for voters and most veterans do vote but I agree the VA will do anything and everything to get a dime

This is the "signature page" from your application for VA Healthcare Benefits:

SECTION XII - ASSIGNMENT OF BENEFITS

VETERAN'S NAME (Last, First, Middle) SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT DATE

VA FORM

NOV 2009 10-10EZ PAGE 3

I understand that pursuant to 38 U.S.C. Section 1729, VA is authorized to recover or collect from my health plan (HP) for

the reasonable charges of nonservice-connected VA medical care or services furnished or provided to me. I hereby

authorize payment directly to VA from any HP under which I am covered (including coverage provided under my spouse's

HP) that is responsible for payment of the charges for my medical care, including benefits otherwise payable to me or my

spouse.

ALL APPLICANTS MUST SIGN AND DATE THIS FORM. REFER TO INSTRUCTIONS WHICH DEFINE WHO CAN SIGN ON BEHALF OF THE VETERAN

Just try to imagine the number of vets that the VA treats daily and then think of the cost. Congress allows the VA to collect from your insurance or health care. This ssupplements for the cost. It cost you nothing extra as the VA settles full payment from the insurance and you have no co payment. As a matter of fact I get a bill showing what the insurance paid--no co-charge to me and it also goes to count for your yearly charges you would otherwise pay. It definalty help the vets, all vets, because it helps defray their cost and allows the VA to provide better and more services their budget might not have quite enough mone otherwise. I am IU-PT and don't mind the insurance helping the VA yearly cost.

• HadIt.com Elder

callover if you filed a false claim you would be prosecuted fraud is fraud just because it goes to help veterans is not a justification for doing it and the VA sending bills to insurance companies for services they should not be is fraud just because the government is doing it does not make it legal it just makes it a fact of life