Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Video Conference Success

Rate this topic

I want all to know that you should never give up. I had a Video Conference in regard to retro pay for tinnitus back to 1968. I got rated for tinnitus in 2007, but way back in 1968 and at least three times since, I was denied a rating.

My Video Conference was held on February 14, 2010 and I received the results on June 16, 2010. The order said: "An effective date of November 3, 1970, and no earlier, for the grant of service connection for tinnitus is granted."

I'm pretty sure this is a win!

I had a representative from the DAV. I only wanted to go back to 1992 as that's as far as my evidence would go. He insisted to trying for as far back as possible which was 1968.

Thank you DAV and Hadit.com

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you be willing to cover the personal stuff, scan the decision as to their rationale for the EED and then attach here for us to learn from it?

Congrats! I sure don't know how you did this.

Was this a CUE claim or a decision based on newly discovered service records?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Congrats

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Congratulations on your win and kudo's for your tenacity at sticking with it!

Lorraine

I want all to know that you should never give up. I had a Video Conference in regard to retro pay for tinnitus back to 1968. I got rated for tinnitus in 2007, but way back in 1968 and at least three times since, I was denied a rating.

My Video Conference was held on February 14, 2010 and I received the results on June 16, 2010. The order said: "An effective date of November 3, 1970, and no earlier, for the grant of service connection for tinnitus is granted."

I'm pretty sure this is a win!

I had a representative from the DAV. I only wanted to go back to 1992 as that's as far as my evidence would go. He insisted to trying for as far back as possible which was 1968.

Thank you DAV and Hadit.com

I'm glad that worked out for you. I have an appeal now for an earlier effective date for tinnitus back to April, 1974. I feel better about my chances now.

Pat

I wonder if I would have all the medical conditions that I have now if I had never joined the Army. I'm pretty sure the answer would probably be no. When I look around and see others my age who were not in the service, most of them look pretty healthy.

Do you think all the employees of the VA really understand that it is ONLY because we served that their positions even exist?

'67-'68 1st Cav, '69-'70 101st Abn

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use