VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Disability Protection Act 2010

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I have gotten 2 or maybe 3 messages that I have made too many posts today so maybe this wont go through-

I see nothing in this bill-nor do I foresee anything that will ever alter the FTCA off to Section 1151 awards.

BUT any vet or widow with FTCA offset can do what I did and try to prove that the malpracticed disability or death by VA was caused by VA malpractice of a service connected condition.

This is why I think VA failed to read my evidence for almost 7 years.

They didnt want to refund my FTCA offset.

It was a hassle as all here know and it took me almost a year after the SC death award to get the cash.Refund of the FTCA offset.

Even the regional counsel told me I couldnt get it refunded. Ha Ha the OGC had him write up the final statement so they would send the check.

If a disability is granted under 1151 or FTCA settlement is paid,for a NSC 1151 "as if" service connected condition and there is any possibility at all to get the same disability SCed, then the offset must be eliminated from the 1151 comp offset and refunded -depending on other factors.

I dont think there is any sponsor whatsoever in H or S for this so called "bill".

Hidden in plain sight is the thrust of this so-called benefits protection bill.

" Veteran’s disability compensation is not an asset, income, or property. Veteran’s disability compensation is tax exempt, and solely awarded to a single individual based on their particular disabilities. "

The courts have declared that VA benefits are property and depriving a veteran of VA benefits is a violation of Federal Law.

Veterans have a 'property interest' in their VA benefits.

'Property Interest' is a legal standard that we were deprived of for many generations.

The VA can't stand having to follow the rule of law and will do anything to change our 'Property Rights' back to a simple entitlement governed by the whims of jerks, not Federal Court Judges or Federal Law.

" Veteran’s disability compensation is not an asset, income, or property. "

Think about that!

sledge