VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va New Ptsd Claims

Rate this question

Berta

Question

VA has published this fact sheet explaining the new PTSD claims criteria:

http://www.va.gov/PTSD_QA.pdf

The regulation itself should be at the VA web site tomorrow AM.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am Bipolar at 100%, but they have also diagnosed me with PTSD. I never followed through on their suggestions that I go through PTSD treatment, because the boys coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan need it far more than I do. I consider myself as being a mild case of PTSD, with occasional nightmares and lots of paranoia. However, my paranoia maybe part and parcel with bipolar disorder, so I am not going to rock the boat for anything. :ph34r:

I am Bipolar at 100%, but they have also diagnosed me with PTSD. I never followed through on their suggestions that I go through PTSD treatment, because the boys coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan need it far more than I do. I consider myself as being a mild case of PTSD, with occasional nightmares and lots of paranoia. However, my paranoia maybe part and parcel with bipolar disorder, so I am not going to rock the boat for anything. :ph34r:

That's what i have been thinking about rocking the boat took me 40 years to finally convince the creeps i was service connected,had evidence irrefutable.

They have screwed me pretty good and i have'nt forgot it either,one day there will be payback.

Bumping it up for a new member.

I am very confused regarding the new PTSD rules. Since, I put in a request for an increase back around the middle of 2010, I guess I would fall under these new rules. Does this mean that the VA will need to go back some 40+ years to prove my stressor? It should be easy to prove it did happen, but will they need to show that I was there? I did not think at the time to take pictures and get any buddy statements.

GThe VA musgt really be have an issue with this increase request.

Papa