Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Reopen Claim (Attention T Bird

Rate this question

John46

Question

Prior to 1998 had a claim that was granted for (deep vein thrombosis) 0%. Then in 1998 I had a Vena Cava Filter implanted to protect against any more clots. The VA doctor then took me off of the blood thinner because of the filter. I applied for an increase due to the filter but was denied because I was off the thinner. Here is my question. What do I need to reopen the claim and possibility get an increase? I am on thinner now but is for heart and stents. I was ignornat of the claims process and relied soley on the VSO. Any info would be appreciated. I have not had any more episodes of clots.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My 70% is for both knees only. The two episodes of clots came after surgeries for knees. The Vena Cava Filter was placed prior to first knee replacement. The VSO at the VAMC is the one who filed on the clots and the favorable claim was SC for Deep Vein Thrombosis and Thrombosis in lung both were 0%. Yes, I am able to work for now. My part time job is a guinea pig for the VA Ortho doctors. I appreciate all the help. Just wish I had known then what I have learned on this forum.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, I am able to work for now. My part time job is a guinea pig for the VA Ortho doctors.

Don't forget all the Med students and interns you work for too. Do you have a bi-lateral rating for your knees?

~Welcome Aboard~

60% for R knee and 10% for L knee. Yes on bilaterals. Have appointment this month at Ortho. Have discussed total on left knee with them. Will give the OK now that it is SC. Will enjoy the 1 year 100% while I wait on the IHD for AO

• HadIt.com Elder

60% for R knee and 10% for L knee. Yes on bilaterals. Have appointment this month at Ortho. Have discussed total on left knee with them. Will give the OK now that it is SC. Will enjoy the 1 year 100% while I wait on the IHD for AO

Have you ever filed for IU?