Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Xbox360

SLEDGE

They have done it to me again.

One of my daughters brought the boys with her and I got to babysit.

They brought the xbox 360 and I said sure.

She plugged in the wires and left.

Then I found out that the boys had never turned this plaything on themselves, they're kinda young.

Then I found out that I know even less about the 360 than the boys do.

HELP!

This all happened yesterday.

The most frequent error that I see now-a-days comes from:

the assumption that everybody knows that so no need to mention it here, have you plugged it in?

Wires are color coded.

The power cord is obviously ONLY used for a power cord.

OK, I've got the power plugged in and the wiring accomplished according to the instructions.

I even put in a game disc all by myself.

The control thingy is hard wired in.

I can't get the game machine to show up on the TV, I'm still watching Bonanza and I know the boys would rather peel onions than watch something that's entertaining to the old guy.

This is the part where some four-eyed mouth-breather gets his revenge.

Apparently a SAMSUNG tv and the 360 either don't like each other or the guy with white socks has hidden the most basic of all commands, SWITCH ON.

I'm going with he hid the on switch.

The kids are getting really antsy, I'm starting to sweat, nobody is being entertained and I'm close to picking up the fire axe.

My question is, (drum roll), how do change the tv from normal whatever feed into xbox 360 games????

I'm leaning toward it's hidden behind a four-step menu piece of crap and I don't know how to find the menu.

Obviously, my main, usual problem is ' Well, Everybody knows that '.

Dive in, have some fun with my lack of computer literacy.

sledge

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Set your TV to Channel 3, and change the setting from "antenna" or "cable" to "aux".

" Set your TV to Channel 3, and change the setting from "antenna" or "cable" to "aux". "

Where is the slider, button, touch pad, switch or dial that you are referring to?

TV or remote or xbox?

Is this accomplished from a remote control or something that is physically on the tv somewhere?

How is the xbox supposed to be activated?

Do you simply flop a disc into the disc drive?

Do you push a button?

Will locating the mysterious "aux" get me somewhere by itself or is that a menu.

Is "aux" part of another menu.

I'm not trying to be cute.

I'm seriously frustrated and all of those little pills don't help.

I use tools but I don't invent them or try to guess where they will pop up from.

There is a logical order that has to be followed in order to accomplish anything complicated.

In the computer world it is possible to change a racing engine build with a keyboard while warming a chair.

In my world, you have one shot at getting it right or you lose.

I'm not playing any farm games on the computer, I grow taters and beans in the back yard.

What the hell are points good for and who has the repository where those points are kept?

If there is not a finite number or repository of those points I guess I can make my own.

I win.

Playing with the xbox obviously ain't my thing but I would like to be able to fire it up for the grandkids.

That will keep them busy while I make something useful like gunpowder.

sledge

Ouch,

We're about to have a death in the family.

Been expecting this for a couple of years.

Second bout with cancer, 80 years old and hospice has found the address.

I'll have to relocate the dogs and clean out the schoolbus to bed down the extra company.

One of my kids is trying to 'improve' me before I have to look good for the services.

I'm allergic to most clothing dyes but they won't let me wear my white socks.

My deviated septum is healed up enough that I won't look like a carp trying to breathe outa water.

I'm gonna miss that.

One leg is about 2 inches shorter than the other so one white sock always hangs out, tough.

I'm still trying to figure out which color of tape to hold my specs together with.

My kid wants it to match my pants.

Where do you get plaid tape?

My grandkid is going to write out the instructions that I need for getting the video gaming system working.

I had to promise her that she could drive my pick-up to Wal-Mart.

The windows work on mine and hers has 2 flats.

The milkshake that her boyfriend spilled behind the seat last week is keeping most folks from riding in hers anyway.

Even though she boughtum, the wife says I can't wear my Hooters t-shirt or double-can, beer drinking, hard hat.

I hate preachin.

I'm gonna have a contest with my sister to see who can launch the loudest fart during the collection.

We give style points for lingering too.

sledge

My full name is sledge hammer.

Whoever made out the birth certificate couldn't spell so there are no capital letters in my name.

The story is like this,

the doctor was cleaning catfish when he got the call to come inside the shed and deliver my purty little butt.

Deliveries are kinda slimy at best and he didn't have time to wipe off his hands or put on any gloves, he didn't have any anyway.

So I landed on his foot like an 8-pound sledge hammer.

Mom thought it was cute so that's what I got.

Mom never new Daddies last name or ever saw him again after Mom got knocked-up so 'hammer' worked out just fine.

sledge