VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2 Letters Today From Va

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

OK I knew this was going to easy!

I got 2 letters from VA the first one I opened says:

This is to certify that xxxxxx is an honarbly discharged veteran of the Army and has in service connected disability evaluated at 100 precent. The records alsoshow that a future exam is scheduled in December 2011!

Catch my breath and open second envelope this one says:

This letter is a summary of benefits you currently receive from the DEPT VA. We are providing this letter to disabled veterans to use in applying for benefits such as state and local property or vehicle tax relief,or any other program or entilement in which verification VA benefits is required. Please safeguard this important document. This letter is considered an official record of your VA entitlement.

Then down below it lists SC yes, evaluation 100 present, your current monthly comp amount, Are you considered to be P%T YES

Looks like they contradict each other. I think I will just use the second one!!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

"Looks like they contradict each other. I think I will just use the second one!!"

Sounds like a plan to me.

And "When In Doubt,

Whup It Out!"

I really hate to ask this, which letter was dated and sent out last. I think that would be the correct letter. When I asked for this letter I got about five of them and it made me sick, all within three days. Unfortunately, you have to make sure. I would definitely keep both copies just in case but in separate places. The correct letter which I would use and then the other letter to show proof that I was sent two different letters. I will never be able to trust VA and the games they play, just covering your own but. Sorry that is just part of my own paranoia.

As Always Hope The Best

OK I knew this was going to easy!

I got 2 letters from VA the first one I opened says:

This is to certify that xxxxxx is an honarbly discharged veteran of the Army and has in service connected disability evaluated at 100 precent. The records alsoshow that a future exam is scheduled in December 2011!

Catch my breath and open second envelope this one says:

This letter is a summary of benefits you currently receive from the DEPT VA. We are providing this letter to disabled veterans to use in applying for benefits such as state and local property or vehicle tax relief,or any other program or entilement in which verification VA benefits is required. Please safeguard this important document. This letter is considered an official record of your VA entitlement.

Then down below it lists SC yes, evaluation 100 present, your current monthly comp amount, Are you considered to be P%T YES

Looks like they contradict each other. I think I will just use the second one!!

Looks like the right hand forgot to tell the left hand!!!

Regards,

Bergie

Both letters dated July 16th 2010! Of course there is no hour time on them!!

just kidden of course!

I could always say I did not get the other one, just like they don't get the stuff we send them!! Hmmmmm

I asked for and received letters like this last year when I was granted IU. I may be wrong but as I understand it the first letter that makes mention of your next evaluation is for your rating purposes. The one that says you are P&T is for use with state agencies to qualify you for those bennies, I could be wrong but thats how I understood it.