Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Took The Offer

Rate this question

halos2

Question

VSO called within the last 2 hrs and DRO offered 100% IU PT Chapter 35 no future exams if I would drop all of my other claims. Thought about it, talked about it to my good friend Larryj, and to my daughter, and I settled for it today.

If not I was looking forward to 6+ new C&P exams...realizing 1 claim went back to 04, another 05, 2 more 07, and BVA remanded one , and knowing how dirty they have treated me, I asked the eight ball and rolled the dice and got "outlook looks favorable" so I decided I didn't want to risk them taking away what I already had, and took the 100% PT.

I am having second thoughts, but one never knows...it has been consuming me and engulfing me in its grip for all these years...and as we all know with them denying me/declaring me deceased/severing me/low balling me/remanding me...My great advisors said "Follow the yellow brick road to the bank now!"

So I just called my VSO and told him ok as the VA would not use my older TDIU claim dates as they said I was not meeting the criteria for these using those dates but did meet the criteria as of Nov last yr.

So within the last 4 1/2 weeks I went from 50% to 60% to 70% to 100%...

Come on fellow friends tell me you would have accepted this offer.

I am such a "RIGHT" person, and a strong one I was willing to battle on, but the system is not a fair one and they could last longer and hold out longer then I could live, so I accepted the offer also suggested by my VSO.

Why don't I feel great about it now though??

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that you were wise.Don't look back.

Congrats you have come a long way

Why don't I feel great about it now though??

halos,

Because you are dwelling on possible effective dates that could go back a long time

and IF SC'D at the right percentages would pay mucho retro.

BUT

FORGET ABOUT THAT ! ! !

Take the offer, put your tail between your legs and scurry away from all the VBA bullshit.

Lay low and enjoy what you can during the remainder of your lifetime.

Also, keep in mind that about 2 weeks to a month after everything is finalized for you -

you will go into a sort of depression - ain't no way around it .

It happens to most people that have had to fight for years - cover their azz for years -

keep on top of paper work for years.

For some reason - when it's all finally said and done - BAM - big depression,

most likely you too will go thru it.

Bravo6, Vinc, stillhere, JR Reihs, Testvet, and jbasser(john),

Thanks to all of you. Yes I do feel sad, sob/sob, right testvet it has consumed my every ounce of being fighting the "BEAST" all these years and to settle if what upsets me.. I know I can't think about the what-if's but do.

It was all or nothing now with the DRO prepared to start putting in for numerous C&P exams...my conditions/diagnoses/illiness's do validate my claims so I was not a bit concerned about exams, HOWEVER, I could have another flunky doing my exams and if they dropped my last fibro claim of 40% awardence it would have put me back at 60%.

I have never backed down from anything and I feel like I let them win!

My consumption, dedication, drive to succeed with this to the end did not result in the ending I always thought the final result would be. I wanted them to acknowledge how wrong they were, and how the NP lied, and looked for my HONEST JUSTICE!

I want to feel glad I got PT 100%, even though the VSO told me it was a gamble, but I want to feel like a winner, not a settler...can anyone understand how I feel?

Like Berta never stopped with her fight/fights.............:wacko:

halos,

Because you are dwelling on possible effective dates that could go back a long time

and IF SC'D at the right percentages would pay mucho retro.

BUT

FORGET ABOUT THAT ! ! !

Take the offer, put your tail between your legs and scurry away from all the VBA bullshit.

Lay low and enjoy what you can during the remainder of your lifetime.

Also, keep in mind that about 2 weeks to a month after everything is finalized for you -

you will go into a sort of depression - ain't no way around it .

It happens to most people that have had to fight for years - cover their azz for years -

keep on top of paper work for years.

For some reason - when it's all finally said and done - BAM - big depression,

most likely you too will go thru it.

Carlie, I am feeling it now! What would you have done?? It is the issues versus my future chances and I am such a damn "Right azz" person that I wanted them to acknowledge they were f'ing wrong... File will be put away now and never brought out again...I won but at what cost to my integrity??

Halo2.....change that level of disability on your profile......it felt SO good when I changed mine! Congrats again!!

I changed it Bravo6, and thanks!:rolleyes: