VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Site Now Shows My Claims Are In Notification

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

I have a Claim and an Administrative Review and both went from Decision Phase to Notification Phase today. If the site is accurate does anyone know a time line where i can expect the "Envelope" with my future inside?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yeah but I have already received email from them and I do check junk mail fairly quickly as I am not interested in parking 25 million in my checking account and I don't need prescription drugs from Canada and I don't care if there are women in Dallas looking for me. You know how it goes.

Once you park 25 Mill in your checking account, every woman in the country will be looking for you........LMAO

Yah, I hear you. Just had to throw that out there. I work in IT and you wouldn't believe how many people don't get emails from me for important stuff because their spam filter scoops them up.

CAS

Yeah but I have already received email from them and I do check junk mail fairly quickly as I am not interested in parking 25 million in my checking account and I don't need prescription drugs from Canada and I don't care if there are women in Dallas looking for me. You know how it goes.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have had a lot of junk mail lately so I will resend my last email and add 2nd request.

Thanks for looking out for me.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Don't trust Ebenefits to show you the correct status.

My claims show "decision", but in reality they are in "notification" and have been for almost two weeks (per the 1-800 number). I know many here say that the 1-800 number is not intended to give out claim status information, but in my case, I find them to be way more accurate than ebenefits.

I am probably going to call the ebenefits help desk and ask why the status has not updated correctly.

Don't trust Ebenefits to show you the correct status.

My claims show "decision", but in reality they are in "notification" and have been for almost two weeks (per the 1-800 number). I know many here say that the 1-800 number is not intended to give out claim status information, but in my case, I find them to be way more accurate than ebenefits.

I am probably going to call the ebenefits help desk and ask why the status has not updated correctly.

EBenefits has been completely accurate in my case. The folks at the 800# verified everything that was posted on the Ebenefits site. What your problem probably is caused by is the folks in your RO are a little slack on updating the EBenefits site when changes happen to your claim. If your RO folks don't input the information to the EBenefits site nothing will change as far as your claim status goes.

Like I said, each time the status changed on my claim I called the 800# and they told me that it was accurate and my claim was in that phase. So, don't blame the EBenefits site if your RO people are slack. My RO is Atlanta.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

EBenefits has been completely accurate in my case. The folks at the 800# verified everything that was posted on the Ebenefits site. What your problem probably is caused by is the folks in your RO are a little slack on updating the EBenefits site when changes happen to your claim. If your RO folks don't input the information to the EBenefits site nothing will change as far as your claim status goes.

Like I said, each time the status changed on my claim I called the 800# and they told me that it was accurate and my claim was in that phase. So, don't blame the EBenefits site if your RO people are slack. My RO is Atlanta.

Adding an additional 'update ebenefits' step sounds redundant, but it also like something the VA would implement. My understanding is that ebenefits and the 1-800 number query the status from the same source (the RO), except the 1-800 number has access to a more detailed history and other information. I will probably call the ebenefits help desk during lunch and ask why their system is not current. It would not surprise me if there is a problem with the Montgomery RO.