VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supporting Evidence For Claim-How Is This Format, So Far?

Rate this question

brokensoldier244th

Question

Its a work in progress, and there are some exams next week that arent on there yet, but here is how im approaching it. Too much?

THIS IS A CORRECTION OF SOME ISSUES ON THE CURRENTLY PENDING CLAIM.doc

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have chronic pain or depression due to these disabilites you should claim them. You need evidence that there is a nexus between the disabilites and the MH issues. You get this by having a shrink write a nexus letter. You need to look at your whole disability picture. If you have chronic pain and depression you should be seeing a VA shrink. Your job is to document every possible disability. Do you use the VA pain clinic? You are in this for the long haul.

Not as of yet. I was rated in 2002-2003, then did Voc Rehab in 2004-2008 and threw myself into school and work. I didn't have time to be depressed, and I ignored 'me', taking OTC meds almost continuously because I didn't want to deal with VA, but I didnt' want my military back injury to show up on my records for my MD, so I wasn't getting any medication from her, either. (a misreading of my insurance policy's "injuries incurred during war or acts of war.....not covered" clause. My fault, but still)

I graduated from college in 2008 and now I just work, but for the last year I have been wading through a mortgage modification hell since Taylor Bean collapsed, and BOA tried to say I owed 9 months of of mortgage payments that just evaporated. Now that that is over, here I am, and I have a lot more time to focus on 'me'. I have VA and private doc appts for this week, and will bring up pain and depression, though I don't really konw how to approach the subject of depression. I'm figuring that " Hi, Doc....Im depressed. Hook me up!" Is probably not the way to go. I don't konw that im 'clinically' depressed, so I don't know if I should claim it yet or not. I haven't see a shrink about it, but that will come up on Wed when I see my PCP at VA.

If you have chronic pain or depression due to these disabilites you should claim them. You need evidence that there is a nexus between the disabilites and the MH issues. You get this by having a shrink write a nexus letter. You need to look at your whole disability picture. If you have chronic pain and depression you should be seeing a VA shrink. Your job is to document every possible disability. Do you use the VA pain clinic? You are in this for the long haul.

• HadIt.com Elder

Not as of yet. I was rated in 2002-2003, then did Voc Rehab in 2004-2008 and threw myself into school and work. I didn't have time to be depressed, and I ignored 'me', taking OTC meds almost continuously because I didn't want to deal with VA, but I didnt' want my military back injury to show up on my records for my MD, so I wasn't getting any medication from her, either. (a misreading of my insurance policy's "injuries incurred during war or acts of war.....not covered" clause. My fault, but still)

I graduated from college in 2008 and now I just work, but for the last year I have been wading through a mortgage modification hell since Taylor Bean collapsed, and BOA tried to say I owed 9 months of of mortgage payments that just evaporated. Now that that is over, here I am, and I have a lot more time to focus on 'me'. I have VA and private doc appts for this week, and will bring up pain and depression, though I don't really konw how to approach the subject of depression. I'm figuring that " Hi, Doc....Im depressed. Hook me up!" Is probably not the way to go. I don't konw that im 'clinically' depressed, so I don't know if I should claim it yet or not. I haven't see a shrink about it, but that will come up on Wed when I see my PCP at VA.

Well, actually,

"Hi Doc, I'm depressed." should do the trick.

REALLY.

Just tell your PCP that you are suffering from what you believe to be "depression" and you want to see someone for help. If the PCP asks you if your are contemplating anything out of the ordinary, then be truthful (I've had my life saved by the VA, and, no, I'm not "ashamed" of being sick!).

It took a hell of a lot Bigger Man for me to admit I was sick, than to be sick. Okay?

Got it. NO Big Nuts, All Go, NO quit Harry Stamper.

10-4.

My wife would laugh. I talk to her about stuff and she said the other night, "So, you want me to go for you, since if YOU go, you'll just get your meds or whatever, and then just go back to work or come home?"

Well, actually,

"Hi Doc, I'm depressed." should do the trick.

REALLY.

Just tell your PCP that you are suffering from what you believe to be "depression" and you want to see someone for help. If the PCP asks you if your are contemplating anything out of the ordinary, then be truthful (I've had my life saved by the VA, and, no, I'm not "ashamed" of being sick!).

It took a hell of a lot Bigger Man for me to admit I was sick, than to be sick. Okay?