Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Best Way To Submit Documents To Va

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

So I've almost got my TDIU form & documents ready to send in. I had to talk to the VSO about a different matter, but discussed the TDIU with him. He insists that the only correct way for me to submit paperwork to the VA is to hand my ORIGINAL documents over to him and he would make copies for my file in his office, then forward the original documents to the VA. I told him I wasn't thrilled about that plan, since the VA seems to lose documents, but he insisted.

I got to wondering about this. I sure didn't hand over personal letters from deceased family members, I provided copies for my claim (I didn't go through this VSO for my PTSD claim - he told me I didn't have a chance and told me not to file). Why would this guy want to be responsible for handling people's original documents?

The VA doesn't seem to mind copies, from my experience. What has been everyone else's?

Let us be kind, one to another, for we are each of us together in our pain.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Now be nice.

Why, I never leave home without my copy machine!

Ask those whom know me.

I use the cheap, Wal-Mart, $2.50 a ream paper!

Correction - I should have said "most VSO's"

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Heck, I just FAX everything, my claims, your claims, whosevers claims. I do follow up with "hard copies", just in case a page "didn't go through", but after having FAX'ed stuff, I've checked on eBenefits and the FAX'ed stuff always shows up as having been received and all, so what's the diff between the FAX'ed and the original..............................they all look the same, to me?

LarryJ -

You've actually seen changes/documents show up in eBenefits? I've been waiting months for movement of any sort on two claims, and have seen no change in the way the system reports status yet my VSO says I should be seeing something soon....

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

I have. KIM my RO is in Lincoln, NE, not exactly a hotspot of veteran activity, but still.....I submitted my initial claim on 21JUL. I submitted supporting docs 10AUG. SO...it gets up dated, but I think it probably depends on the RO in question.

quote name='justrluk' timestamp='1282151823' post='214712']

LarryJ -

You've actually seen changes/documents show up in eBenefits? I've been waiting months for movement of any sort on two claims, and have seen no change in the way the system reports status yet my VSO says I should be seeing something soon....

Edited by brokensoldier244th

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Wow, brokensoldier! I can't even get Ebenefits to let me set up a premium account. I keep clicking on the link to set up a login via my MyhealtheVet account, but have been getting a maintenance page for over a month!

Let us be kind, one to another, for we are each of us together in our pain.

I know. It frustrates me because I DID get in and so many others didn't. I got in at the end of July right before their maintenance window closed the portal again. I check it periodically for others that post about it, and its down. The only thing I can think of is possibly a capacity issue with the Authentication database. Moving something like that, and making sure it's all in one piece and not truncated or the primary and secondary keys don't get farked is a Huge Endeavor (think, taking North Africa). I don't know why its taking so long, but I understand some of the concepts to apply even if I don't know what their specific hardware/software setup is.

Wow, brokensoldier! I can't even get Ebenefits to let me set up a premium account. I keep clicking on the link to set up a login via my MyhealtheVet account, but have been getting a maintenance page for over a month!

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)