Sidney56

Question

I have been trying to access the C&P section on ebenefits site

for a few days, however it says that I need a premium acct

to access that section.

I have my login for myhealthevet and Deers and can access these

sites without any problems. I have my DS login also. I can

of claims.

I have already done the in person authentication at my vamc.

I finally called the number listed on the site for help today, and

was told, she didn't understand why I couldn't access the information

because I had all the necessary log in details. She said she would

escalate the problem up to her supervision and someone would be in

touch with me in a few days. Yea, right! I think she forgot that I

have been dealing with the VA for years and that a few days actually

means weeks or months.

I know I will probably get help here before I receive any help from

them. Has anyone had this problem with the site? I know they are

steady tweaking the site, but I also know that others are accessing

the information from here at hadit.

Any suggestions?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I had the exact same problem as you. Here's what I did to correct the problem:

Get level 2/in-person verification for myhealthevet at the VAMC

Go to: www.ebenefits.va.gov

Look under "New to eBenefits" (in the center column) and find the first article is called "MHV Account Holders: Get a DS Logon and Start Using eBenefits!".

Click on the link: "Request a DS Logon account using the MHV Account Request Portal"

Logon to MHV

On the left, there is a link (going from memory here) which says something like "request Level 2 DS logon". Click it.

Verify the info is correct and check the checkboxes.

Submit and follow instructions.

Before making that work, I spent a month working with eBenefits support at 1-800-983-0937. Every time I tried to submit, it displayed an programming error. They eventually got the problem fixed and I can now logon. I find the site useful. I requested my personnel record and had it 15 min later. Yes, it took forever to have my claim statuses updated, but as of today the status matches what I get from the regular 1-800 number. I can say this site is a good start, but not perfect.

I had the exact same problem as you. Here's what I did to correct the problem:

Get level 2/in-person verification for myhealthevet at the VAMC

Go to: www.ebenefits.va.gov

Look under "New to eBenefits" (in the center column) and find the first article is called "MHV Account Holders: Get a DS Logon and Start Using eBenefits!".

Click on the link: "Request a DS Logon account using the MHV Account Request Portal"

Logon to MHV

On the left, there is a link (going from memory here) which says something like "request Level 2 DS logon". Click it.

Verify the info is correct and check the checkboxes.

Submit and follow instructions.

Before making that work, I spent a month working with eBenefits support at 1-800-983-0937. Every time I tried to submit, it displayed an programming error. They eventually got the problem fixed and I can now logon. I find the site useful. I requested my personnel record and had it 15 min later. Yes, it took forever to have my claim statuses updated, but as of today the status matches what I get from the regular 1-800 number. I can say this site is a good start, but not perfect.

Thanks for the information Vync, but I have gone through all those steps to no avail. There is no link on the MHV site to request a Level 2 logon, as that portal has been under maintenance for a couple of months according to the site and the help number that I called.

Maybe this will help someone else to navigate through their problem, but I'm still stuck. I have sent email to MHV help desk and called ebenefits help line and both said that they would get back to me in a few business days. Yea right!!!

I submitted a claim on 21JUL, it showed on Ebenefits in 2 days. My supporting documentation after my C and P on the 10th showed on the 12th. Its just not consistent and if your RO isn't on the boat putting stuff in you'll stare at it all year. Their maintenance window is a PITA but they have to sync up the VA records with the DEERS records, most of which probably don't match.

post-8839-007944600 1282172552_thumb.jpg

How long did you have to wait to review your c:file once yu requested it?

hmm , well actually i was going to a hearing, and it was there with the VA reps, i didnt actually go through it but by the size of it i assume everything is there......i hear you can go in and ask to see it and they show it to you, but when i tried they said no, so i filed a Freedom of information, didnt follow through because i was told that if you request a copy, it will slow down your claim, so i will get it if i dont get the decision i want, and then see whats there, and send in ftuff again if i have to

Just noticed on the eBenefits "C&P Claims Status" tab under "What We Have Received?" :

"Please be advised that it may take up to 21 days to receive, process, and annotate in our system any information that you mail to one of our Regional Offices."

Thats why I carry it in, though im lucky that my office is here in Lincoln. Ive heard that sending it certified with an electronic or physical receipt helps 'date' the material you send in, but Im not sure about that.

CAS

Just noticed on the eBenefits "C&P Claims Status" tab under "What We Have Received?" :

"Please be advised that it may take up to 21 days to receive, process, and annotate in our system any information that you mail to one of our Regional Offices."