Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Schedular

Rate this topic

huskerfanfl

• Founder

Wonderful News! I am very happy for you, take a deep breath and try and relax, once the money is in the bank it will be a little easier on your anxiety level.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much deserved good news! Take a break and enjoy...

Pat

I wonder if I would have all the medical conditions that I have now if I had never joined the Army. I'm pretty sure the answer would probably be no. When I look around and see others my age who were not in the service, most of them look pretty healthy.

Do you think all the employees of the VA really understand that it is ONLY because we served that their positions even exist?

'67-'68 1st Cav, '69-'70 101st Abn

I'm just glad I didn't have to go through what they put you through Josephine. Just in time, my house needs to have some work done on it

Edited by huskerfanfl

Tim

Vet and proud of it

I had a claim at the VA for anxiety induced headaches which I am getting on an average of once a week. Had my C&P June 4th and have been waiting since. Last Friday I sent an IRIS inquiry and found out a decision was made July 2nd and that finance had to do some work because I had POA with an attorney (I appealed my TDIU claim that was denied). Finance has to decide how much the attorney gets and then authorize payments. I pointed out to the VA what the attorney was hired for and that was not how I got an increase. I also asked how long. The nice woman told me that the attorney typically gets 20% and that my claim back pay went back several months. Also told me I went from 90% to 100%, I'm amazes and happy that she actually told me.

Now I'm just waiting on SSDI, I had a hearing on that July 12th. The attorney for that is confident that will be approved as well. I may be giving up some of the money owed me in both cases, but I will be getting a pretty good increase.

I'm sure that's a great relief to you, congratulations. I believe that the money you spent on legal counsel is well worth the peace of mind of not having to go this alone. It's well worth the investment. At least, we thought so.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use