Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nam Vet Help

Rate this question

JR Reihs

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Several years ago I was helping a Nam vet I know finally file his claim,after getting everything in order I asked him about his stressers that we could relate to PTSD, after about 20 min this guy almost had me in tears, then he locked up and we never went no further.

A few days ago he called to say he was ready this time to file........what is chapping my ass is according to his medical records, the VA diagnosed him with AO in 96, the diagnosed him with PTSD in 01.....Whiskey Tango Foxtrot :angry: .......They did not tell him about this until today when he went to mental health when he ask them to pull his records to see his diagnosed conditions.

This Vet has has some of the nastiest lesions on his skin I have seen, the VA cut them off and sends him home, his PTSD in my mind rates 100% alone. He has been on a VA pension for many years now, I know that he will get 100% when the claim is filed.....The concern to me is the EED for the AO and PTSD.........

I guess my big question is, due to the diagnosis dates for PTSD and AO, Would these conditions be considered as inferred claims for EED since the VA failed to tell this VET about the diagnosis?

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I guess my big question is, due to the diagnosis dates for PTSD and AO, Would these conditions be considered as inferred claims for EED since the VA failed to tell this VET about the diagnosis?

JR,

In my opinion NO - as a claim had not been filed.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

let me jump in here, there is no such disease as AO. The VA does comp us Vietnam Vets for all kinds of things from EXPOSURE to AO. What type of issues does he have??

On PTSD if he has never filed then there would only be the date of the claim you now say he is ready to file.

Unfortunately the VA does not look at a veterans medical records on just a whim that they can find something to comp us for. Be nice if they did but truly I can NEVER see that happening. I have anemia since being DXed for it by a C&P back in 03 but I have never filed for it, so I am not SC for it. And trust me the VA never said anything about it until this last time in June 2010. They wanted to know if I wanted to file and I told them no because I had just been awarded 100% P/T and was tired of dealing with them.

There are many vets STILL out there from Nam that do not have any idea the benefits they could apply for!

I was at the VAMC today and I wear my hat that says ask me about a veterans website. and I tell folks how to apply. Plus in the lobby of the medical center there is all kinds of signs.

Your best bet now with your friend is find out what he is eligible for and file the claims.

Any other way it will not get done...

• HadIt.com Elder

lets be clear AO is not a diagnosis it is a chemical weapon DMII is a medical condition caused by AO exposure what exactly was he diagnosed with in 1996 and did he ever file a claim my step father was treated by the VA numerous times for cancer and other issues related to his radiation exposure from his involvement in the nuclear detonations in the late I tried to talk him into filing claims many times over the years PTSD he was on B17s that bomber Germany in WW2 his PTSD was more profound than mine is there is no doubt in my mind he wouldn't have been rated at 70% or higher just for his PTSD but as a retired air force person he would have just had the amount reduced from his retirement check and he "earned" his retirement check he would NOT listen about the tax free side of the VA compensation

there is no effective date until a "claim" is filed just going to a VAMC for treatment is not a filed claim if every visit to the VAMC resulted in a required claim to be processed instead of being one million claims back logged they would be 5 or 10 million claims back logged yes it is unfortunate that he has been denied 100% especially since he is rated for a pension which agency handled his pension claim and why didn't they pursue a compensation claim there has to be more to this than you have been told just my opinion

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

What about an Inferred claim. Ask the Vet if he told the VA he was going to file a claim.?

If he had, then he may be a Nehmer member.

He may have to prove it but that may be his only shot.

Keep us posted.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the reply's....His AO claim will be due to his skin condition, the VA also found a mass in his lung that they told him was related.

I am waiting again for his complete medical history, I should have that by Friday. This was so long ago I still need all the other info we gathered. I do know that he has a phone interview Friday for his PTSD and AO....Mental health told him this was the better option rather than a face to face?...I don't really know the reason for this procedure.

The head of mental health told him today that if he would file his claim ASAP, she would make sure it got pushed through. He has no POA, he just don't trust people at all, so we will see in the next few days when I have all the info in front of me.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

The head of mental health told him today that if he would file his claim ASAP, she would make sure it got pushed through.

JR,

I don't know how much trust, if any can be put into what "she" said.

I truly doubt someone will / go above and beyond what they actually

have the authority to do.

I hope for this vet she's good to her word but keep in mind the VAMC

and the VARO are two - completely different animals.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.