Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Claim Watch

Rate this question

USMC_HVEQ

Question

I've been monitoring my claims on eBenefits. My claim was filed in 11/30/2009. It just finally moved from decision phase-->notification-->closed stage this week on Tuesday. I'm wondering when I can expect to get the notification envelope?

I had a bunch of things in the claim (increase ptsd, Increase shoulders, intial sleep apnea)...I'm anxious. I'm pretty sure I will be getting an increase, just a matter of how much (80-->90 (most likely) or 80-->100 (doubtful), this is for overall).

current breakdown

50 % ptsd

20/20 (40%) Bilateral shoulders

10% HTN (hypertension aka high bp_

10% Tinnitus

-------------

current 80% overall

Semper Fidelis

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Might try the 1-800 #, it works sometimes.....or if you have a POA, call them, they should have the award.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

JR, thanks for the info. I went out to the mail box and to my surprise, the envelope was there. It was good news and bad news. This pushed my overall from 80 to 90%.

Good news

PTSD was increased from 50 --> 70% back to Nov 2009.

Bad News

increase for both shoulders was continued at same percetnages.

denied for Sleep Apnea secondary to PTSD -I didnt have a Nexus or any history in my military medical records. I only had sleep study done. I thought I had sleep apnea from the massive weight gain I had due to my PTSD. I will have to appeal and do all the leg work for it. I have a CPAP given to me by the VA, so go figure.

Semper Fidelis

To all who have given me advice or commented on posts made by me, thank you for your help & support. I try and give back to other vets as well, the best I can. Don't give up the good fight.

I'm happy with the increase as I knew based on the C&P results what happened, would happen. I was wishful in my other plights. I will just have to get a Nexus on the Sleep Apnea. How I go about it, I'm not sure? confused, because the VA gives me a CPAP machine yet they say i didnt get SA from PTSD. I beleive I got SA fromt eh massive weight gain, which was due to the PTSD/depression w/argorophobia.

What should I do next?

Semper Fidelis

• HadIt.com Elder

To all who have given me advice or commented on posts made by me, thank you for your help & support. I try and give back to other vets as well, the best I can. Don't give up the good fight.

I'm happy with the increase as I knew based on the C&P results what happened, would happen. I was wishful in my other plights. I will just have to get a Nexus on the Sleep Apnea. How I go about it, I'm not sure? confused, because the VA gives me a CPAP machine yet they say i didnt get SA from PTSD. I beleive I got SA fromt eh massive weight gain, which was due to the PTSD/depression w/argorophobia.

What should I do next?

Gonna have to find yourself an MD that will make the connection from PTSD to weight gain to your already diagnosed sleep apnea, and they will have to give you an Independent Medical Opinion tying all together, with appropriate data.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph