Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suspense Date

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

While checking the VA web site on my claim today, I noticed something strange. On the part where it says(way on the bottom-had to click to open it) it says what have we done-

vamc 678(my va facility) opened 9/03-2010- suspense date-11/2/2010. Normally the suspense date is when they close your claim, receive your decision. So does this mean they started looking at in on Friday and expect to be done by 11/02/2010, or they aren't going to doing anything until that date. Thanks

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

A wise old ex VSR once told me when vets read there have been so and so people were hired to work the claims they tend to think great lets hit the floor running. Obviously that is not the case he said. Even the lower positions would take 2-4 months and this is just someone to open the mail! It takes well over 8-12 months to train an individual that is moving up to being a Jr. what we call rater.

I though like to take the secretary at his word that the log jam will be caught up before the end of the year. I just don't have a clue how he is going to do it? Fire, floods,shredder or decisions??

Update-My claim was reviewed on 09/03/2010-the Va put a suspense date of November 11/02/2010 on my claim as The Va had some questions that need to be resolved from the VA doctor who did this exam.-on all my claims,neck, cardio exam. Thats funny-I can look at it and rate it myself with the rating schedule easily. So that date is the date they give the doctor to answer their questions-don't need nothing from me. So they looked at it on Sept 3-once they receive an answer, I guess my folder goes back to the bottom of the pile. I got this info from the 800# after they put me on hold to finally give me what I was looking for-a bettter answer. I wonder if because the phrase likely, more than likely ect wasn't on any of these write ups. The VA sure uses any excuse to delay claims these days.

I got this info from the 800#

VA 101 - Don't bother with the 800 # to try and track the status of a claim.

They simply ARE NOT able to do this with accuracy.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Keep calling 1-800-827-1000 (aka 1-800-more-BS) and keep us posted as to how you make out. I hope "what you believe is true" but . . . . and I don't know if you're interested but I have some ocean front property, in Nevada, I'd like to get rid of and I'm only asking $109 an acre. How many acres can I sign you up for?? jmo

pr

VA 101 - Don't bother with the 800 # to try and track the status of a claim.

They simply ARE NOT able to do this with accuracy.

You are so correct. I got bored so I flipped a coin -heads I call tails I go window shopping. Now why would one of these individuals put you on hold for ten minutes to come back and say they need something from the doctor that wrote the report.(They are actually on a ten minute break) I think this is a new policy to make those who call that # make you believe that agent is giving you good info. What you actually get is a load of fertilizer for that beach front property. I wonder what happens when you ask about info about housing loans? :wacko:

• HadIt.com Elder

Keep calling 1-800-827-1000 (aka 1-800-more-BS) and keep us posted as to how you make out. I hope "what you believe is true" but . . . . and I don't know if you're interested but I have some ocean front property, in Nevada, I'd like to get rid of and I'm only asking $109 an acre. How many acres can I sign you up for?? jmo

pr

Sign me up for 30 bucks worth but I insist on a pier leading into the water or at least access to a jetty

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Pete,

I think you are right on with the hearing route. I had claims Detroit Varo wouldn't even work, half the time they called them new claims the other half they called them appeals. It took a hearing where I read in the correspondence from the last year and quoting CFR38 and M21-1MR to demonstrate where they wern't following thier own rules before they started working them. I am told a decision was made 8/25/2010 but we are 15 days into the notification/finalization process. claims date back to October 2007 nothing happened with them until the hearing October 2009.

Make them talk to you! You might think its all there in black and white, they can read, but the sad truth is they don't have time to read the file. Since the hearing is usually with Rating Veterans Service Rep at least you are talking to/with somone who could possibly take direct action on your claim.

Thats my current theory! But I used to think they could read it in the file and that a hearing was just going to delay things.

My nickles worth (used to be 2 cents but inflation)

Best regards,

Tyler