Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Myhealthyvet

Rate this question

Tomahawk

Question

I read somewhere and I cannot find the post now I think Pete was the one who posted, that he was able to download medical records from Myhealthy Vet. Is there something you need to do after yoou do the in person verification in order to view these things? I did the in person verification back in July and still the only thing that gave me access to was the names of my prescriptions and the ability to request refills online. It would be a huge benefit if I could browse my medical records and just print the pages out I need.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

[it shouldn't take that long if I go to the office and request it be done right now. If they say they cant, then Ill tell them I want to see it right now and copy it myself. ]

Larry is right on.

It will take from 2 to 6 months to recieve a copy of your C-file from the VARO or BVA.

In order to view your C-file at the VARO, you will need to make an appointment in advance. They won't likely let you see it just by walking in and asking for it. As far as making them give you a copy of it right on the spot?

Good luck is all I have to say.

• HadIt.com Elder

It shouldn't take that long if I go to the office and request it be done right now. If they say they cant, then Ill tell them I want to see it right now and copy it myself. Considering I can get a FULL copy of my 2000+ page medical record within 20-30 minutes, it shouldn't take 2--6 months for my cfile

Okey-Dokey...........you probably know more about all this VA stuff than I do, and I stand corrected. Sorry.

It shouldn't take that long if I go to the office and request it be done right now.

Thanks for the laugh.

If they say they cant, then Ill tell them I want to see it right now and copy it myself.

Thanks again for another laugh.

You can't just walk in and view your file on demand.

You have to make an appointment so they can set it up first and have a VA employee

stand directly over your shoulder while you view your file -

this is so you can't slip anything either in, or out of the file.

No - you will not copy it yourself - no way.

Considering I can get a FULL copy of my 2000+ page medical record within 20-30 minutes, it shouldn't take 2--6 months for my cfile

VAMC records are different from C-file and SMR/STR's and so is the procedure for getting them.

I guess Ill just keep my comments to myself from now on and restrict my posts to questions. Thanks for the help.

Tomahawk,

Don't get all defensive.

People that have been there and done it on a regular basis,

just know how this VA system works and they are letting you know that

it does not work the way one would think - it should work.

Heck - so many times I've known of vets driving a couple of hundred of miles,

walk into their VARO and say I'm here to see my records and get a copy.

HA - HA, ain't happening that day.

Now, had that same vet been a member at Hadit.com - they would have known this

and wouldn't have given the VARO

the opportunity to make them have HADIT - at least, not on that day.