Low

Rate this question

mojopixie

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

When did you have your C & P exam and when did you get your last rating? Can you scan them and cover all personal information? This will greatly help the board help you. Just scan the reason and basis in your last rating decision and the diagnosis, medical opinion (if given) and the rationale in your C & P exam.

• HadIt.com Elder

You do need your own doctor that you pay to write you a medical opinion. I would dump the VSO and google VA Lawyers Atlanta GA. What you need to win a higher rating is medical evidence that you are worse. You get you own doctors for that. You can't depend on the VA for that. If you get a good VA lawyer he should be able to recommend a doctor who knows how to write a report for you. There has got to be some decent VA lawyers in the Atlanta area. You could call your local Bar Association for some names. Any lawyer who is certified to represent vets can represent you. They don't have to be from Atlanta. All your NOD has to say to get the ball rolling is "I disagree with the VA decision dated ?/?/????. Just say this is a NOD and mail or carry this to the VARO. Then you can hire a lawyer. You have to file the NOD first.

Your problem is two fold one sounds like you don't feel the VSO is doing the proper job and second you have a condition that does not help in completing projects.

I know what you are going through to a point I have so many unfinished things I have started and not finished I sometimes get overwhelmed and just do nothing! (not good)

Trying to handle your own claim is going to be hard but you can do it if you really work at it.You can come to sites like this one and a couple of others and pretty much get some good advice about what to do or you can try any of the many service organizations in your area and see how they can help.

One other thing is to try one of the associations for bi polar I am pretty sure they have volunteers that come in and work with those that suffer with this disease.

The big thing is like I said don't give up and reach out for help and you will find it!!

Good luck on your claim!

Just remember you have 1 year to file your NOD...notice of disagreement. Where do you go for treatment? What VAMC. They have (usually) all representatives from the service organizations there...it doesn't cost you anything but your time to speak with one to see how savy or not that person might be. Also some vets might be in the waiting area there to speek with one, if you can gather up your moxy to ask one who they use/like/satisfied with that might help. Try www. jimstrickland912@gmail.com also and view his claims info arenas too. I have been writing to him almost 7 yrs. You ultimately have the option to use a laywer, and many will talk to you free of charge for your first visit to see if the claim is appropriate and if they feel they can help you too. Read many posts here too. Look under the search site to find specifics to your needs. It is VEYR RARE a C&P exam is truthful all the way. I believe intentional omissions are the norm with the transcriptions too.

Edited by halos2

I feel a NOD , as the first avenue of attack, should be a formal stated disagreement with each part of the decision you disagree with and why they are wrong and refer them to specifics such as the lack of any testing etc.

"that I had not been able to work for the last few months, and even on good days still only averaged $300-400/month."

Do you receive SSA disability for the bi polar?

If not did the rep suggest applying for both TDIU and SSA disability benefits?

John said:

"Then you can hire a lawyer. You have to file the NOD first."

You might want to contact this law firm as Ms. Weletz was recent guest at SVR RAdio via hadit.com.

http://www.vetlawyers.com/about_attorneys_weletz.htm

You stated "allergic reactions to meds" - is the VARO aware of this?

I wonder if a change in your meds occurred that happened prior to filing this claim and that could be giving you secondary problems or would fit you into a higher Bi polar rating.

If the bi polar is affecting your ability to work (which it does appear that is the case)you could file a brief NOD and refer them to the attached TDIU form.

As John mentioned there is nothing better than getting a private doctor and then having him or her prepare an IMO that conforms to the IMO format here to have a full medical picture of your disability and the extent it disables you.

I have friend who is Bi polar.He was NSC and kept forgetting something I asked him to get and submit for his claim.I sent him links to the form but he forgot to use the links.He found one of the hard copies of the form I sent him by accident one day and called me up and asked again what he should do with it and said he would finally send it in.

Long story-but that form was crucial to his award - 100% P & T for SC Bi polar, retro 12 years.

I can well understand how difficult your disability can be.My friend is certainly very intelligent and has a great sense of humor but is controlled by the affects of his bi polar and he tries to stay well organized in some ways as that seems to help him.His wife is his payee as the VA declared him incompetent and it was a good idea which he agreed to.

I am sure not suggesting the VA would declare you incompetent.In his case it was a good idea.

TDIU 21-8940.pdf

Edited by Berta