VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Usaa

SSGMike.Ivy

Not sure who here uses USAA for either their car and or home or both for insurance but let me say " I recommend them" I have been with them over 12 years and they have been the best especially when a claim needs to be processed. Very competitive with rates

They are professional and curious and handle each claim without hassle. I am just finishing up a water leak in my house and the contractors they use [ I always use theirs ] are outstanding. I mean USAA got me a contractor on their list to-come to my house within 4 hours to set up the dehumidifiers and fans needed to dry out my family room, clear the ceiling and walls. Next up they lined me up with the general contractor who responded immediately and the work was done on time and professionally.

USAA is a huge organization which does banking and financial things. Excellent rating and very stable company. If anyone here is using them and has any comments good or bad please post

I did not know where to post this so figured this was the best place.

Check them out at https://www.usaa.com

thanks

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Living in Florida I can't get a nationally known insurance company to insure my house. State Farm dumped me and the others won't even talk to me. I never filed a claim in 15 years but they dumped me anyway. I have some company called Royal Palm Insurance. My brother had Citizens. He pays 3300 bucks a year for house insurance for a house that is unimproved and 90 years old.

• HadIt.com Elder

Living in Florida I can't get a nationally known insurance company to insure my house. State Farm dumped me and the others won't even talk to me. I never filed a claim in 15 years but they dumped me anyway. I have some company called Royal Palm Insurance. My brother had Citizens. He pays 3300 bucks a year for house insurance for a house that is unimproved and 90 years old.

At the guy with the funny hat just said, check out USAA! They be good, Texas folks.

Strange I should see your post, I just spent a few hours on the phone with USAA today moving all my policies. I have a few properties and they will save me over $1200 a year. I have one in Florida that they declined to insure, I am with Citizens there and not real pleased with them. USAA looks like the best company out there to me.

USAA is HQ here in San Antonio, and they are an outstanding company. If, I were looking to change companies, this would be the company the I would go with.

Papa

• 2 months later...

I had checked out USAA in August, but didn't switch because I had paid GEICO up till November, even though there would have been some savings. Today, I call GEICO to renew and wanted to drop coverage on a car we are getting rid of; plus my 22 yr old daughter has now purchased her own vehicle and her own exorbitant insurance coverage, so she can be removed also. So the lady on the phone tells me that it would be no problem and only a $61 increase in my coverage. WTH??? I told her to terminate my coverage effective as of midnight, and I went straight to USAA - my six month policy difference is $190 less expensive with USAA and I increased some areas of my full coverage. I also checked into renters policies and the difference wasn't as great, but I will still save $20 per six month period, with an increased policy for medical claims.

So by switching, we will save $420 per year going with USAA. I would have switched sooner, but it sounded too good to be true, until I had read the posts below. And even then, I waited because I didn't want to be bothered... LOL