VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Here Ever Used A Real Lawyer To Fight The Va?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

Has anyone here ever used a real lawyer to fight the VA? Was it successful? Did you try the VA service organizations too? etc.. etc..

Thanx..

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

...........................and, this site, also, which is a "branch" of legal aide inc.

http://statesidelegal.org/

By-the-way, Jim Strickland is a member of the Board of Directors.

Edited by LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

The "service orgs" are often not very effective in obtaining proper veteran's compensation.

Lawyers who are well qualified to do veteran's VA cases, and are good at it don't grow on trees.

That said, my lawyer will be getting a check from the VA for several thousand fairly soon. (And the fight has just begun!)

One original claim was filed within a few months of separation. If I can find the supporting paper, it will be a CUE.

The decision that entitled the lawyer to remuneration was obviously "lo-balled", and for unmentioned reasons, also a potential "CUE".

Let's just say that the VA often ignores law and regulations that favor a veteran's case.

Has anyone here ever used a real lawyer to fight the VA? Was it successful? Did you try the VA service organizations too? etc.. etc..

Thanx..

• HadIt.com Elder

since July 2007 veterans have been allowed to hire lawyers to handle their claims once they are denied and the veteran decides to enter the appeals process even at the VARO level they are by law allowed to collect 20% of back pay they secure for their clients the veterans, SSA limits the lawyers in SSD claims to 25% or a maximum of 5300 dollars plus reasonable expenses there are a lot of lawyers that handle VA appeals and more are being trained all the time I have dealt with a NOVA lawyer myself they took my cardiac condition as a pro bono case in July 2007 and within 18 months I had my CAD and hypertension SC as secondary to my PTSD

I would much rather pay a lawyer 20% of whatever back pay there is than keep 100% of nothing from another loss and if they do not see any way for you to win your claim then they will probably decline to represent you they like to be paid for their work just like anyone else they have to see a path to victory not every claim a veterans thinks is a winner is some just can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt not all claims are legitimate it's just a fact of life