Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying To Get It Right

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

Now when you get p &T or TDIU what exectaly does that do to change your benifits. Does this give you extra money or just helps with additional benifits. Also I wanted to know at what point can you apply for these do you have to be 70%

I am so upset. I just got off the phone with the va and they said that although they have done the cnp for my ptsd that i will not get paid until they do ALL the parts of the claim and they will then pay at once. They have not een started working on the other part and i cannot afford this.... I am complete done and so dissapointed and upset ... What is the use here this makes no sense.

I am trying to understand everything but i makes no sense. Why would they start to go through with one claim but not pay me til a totally seperate claim is processed... why in the heck would they brake it apart them if they have to pay all together... please help me somebody

i feel like I cant go on here.. I cant take the stress

Claim 1 & 2 /w pension Filed 10/23/2009 CnPs- Dec Phase 10/1/2010 Notification 10/12/2010 Closed 10/15/2010

Claim 3 Filed June 23,10 CNPs- Jan 2011 Dec Phase- Mar 2011 Notification- May 2011 Closed My 2011 (CLAIM DENIED)

Claim 4 Filed June 13,11 cnps-Na Dec Phase- Aug 2011 Notification- ...

Voc Rehab Claim Filed July 2011 Orientation-17 Aug 2011 Found Entitled- 17 Aug 2011 Classes paid- 19 Aug 2011 First Stipen Check- ...

***Under Ga VARO from 2009 - Until Present***

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It sounds like they are going to do the exams and development for all your claims before you get paid. They want to wrap it all up in a ball. If you have more than one claim the VA often does this.

but why did they seperate it in the first place then and then process this one i have had the cnp's and all and the other not even out of dev stages that makes no sense. that can take another 2 years why this one is sitting in the decision phase.. i dont know what to do about this i am so pissed i though things were finally moving but now if this is the case its not moving at all

Claim 1 & 2 /w pension Filed 10/23/2009 CnPs- Dec Phase 10/1/2010 Notification 10/12/2010 Closed 10/15/2010

Claim 3 Filed June 23,10 CNPs- Jan 2011 Dec Phase- Mar 2011 Notification- May 2011 Closed My 2011 (CLAIM DENIED)

Voc Rehab Claim Filed July 2011 Orientation-17 Aug 2011 Found Entitled- 17 Aug 2011 Classes paid- 19 Aug 2011 First Stipen Check- ...

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is something else you may want to do.

Contact the VA via the IRIS on the web. You can get better answers to your questions that way, and more accurate answers. Someone on the telephone can tell you anything that they happen to think up at that moment, whereas the IRIS people HAVE to actually LOOK UP your information before answering (you answer IS a "written record", right?) so they tend to deal in facts much better than those telephone folks.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

can you guys give me some info on p&t and tdiu please also thnx i will contact iris..... i will look it up soon as i get home from the va.

thx for the input.

can you guys give me some info on p&t and tdiu please also thnx i will contact iris..... i will look it up soon as i get home from the va.

thx for the input.

I for one am not sure what you are all worked up about? When did you send in a claim? Most of the replies you have gotten are right on and things you need to be doing but you really need to calm down it seems from your posts.

Which RO are you at? almost all of my claims of late and that is claims not appeals have gone through in less than 6 months and that is with money in the bank.

Actually my PTSD claim once I filed took only 4 months.

Good luck with your claims!!