Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet Service Rep Says Leave Well Enough Alone

Rate this question

steve Mck

Question

Awarded 100% P & T. Have many other illnesses that could account for additional SC. Advised by vet.rep to just let it go since I am not scheduled for any further examinations. In other words...don't rock the boat, leave well enough alone so your file doesn't get brought back up for review. That makes sense and you don't exactly get more than 100%. In otherwords is it worth the risk?

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Teac

Look at page 96 under DIC for Surviving Spouse. The spouse can get HB or AA if she/he qualifies but it is not based on the vet's having it. That part I did read wrong. Survivors get the basic rate of 1154 plus money for dependents and an extra 233 if the vet and spouse were married 8 years before the death of the vet. It is not much that is for sure. Spouse better have some other funds.

• HadIt.com Elder

if your spouse is at least 60 years old she will get 75% of your SS check also we figure my spouse will get about 2600 a month and we have enough insurance to pay the house off she won't have any money problems the state lets her keep the property tax just not the free car tags again each state is different and you have to check yours

Teac

Look at page 96 under DIC for Surviving Spouse. The spouse can get HB or AA if she/he qualifies but it is not based on the vet's having it. That part I did read wrong. Survivors get the basic rate of 1154 plus money for dependents and an extra 233 if the vet and spouse were married 8 years before the death of the vet. It is not much that is for sure. Spouse better have some other funds.

Now that I can agree with!

• HadIt.com Elder

A surviving spouse has to wait till retirement age to get SS check if they are still working. It is more complicated THAN MANY PEOPLE KNOW AND THERE IS NO SURE ANSWER.